stupid mistakes

TTQ B4U

my 87 nissan 300zx :( good lord i miss this car. most fun car ive ever had. amazing handling breaking t-top car ahh

http://b6.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00708/64/15/708065146_l.jpg

a my worst thing ive ever sold was my 99 banshsee :( sold it when i moved to ohio because they dont have any good sand dunes... i probably near cried when i sold it :( i even bought a 06 afew years back to try to replace it for here just wasent the same

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=432&pictureid=3235

edit: vinny nice truck man

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my 87 nissan 300zx :( good lord i miss this car. most fun car ive ever had. amazing handling breaking t-top car ahh

http://b6.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00708/64/15/708065146_l.jpg

wow that was a clean ass Z

for me it was my first car 85 gutlass cutlass.

Sadly the only pics I have left of it are after it was wrecked :(

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/smskinner/Scan010September202009.jpg

I would love to find that car again and buy it back but more than likely its probably scrap metal by now.

I've found anytime you sell something you care about because you believe you can use the money, you always regret it. That being said:

Datsun 510 (mechanically restored to near mint)

Triumph TR7 (restored to near mint)

MKI Supra (mint)

66 Mustang (Looked great, needed some mechanical)

These were all owned before the internet was as "big" as it is, now and before I ever really got into it. Shit, if I had the wealth of info then that I do now, maybe things would be different.

I've found anytime you sell something you care about because you believe you can use the money, you always regret it.

+1. I "miss" something about all of my old cars long gone, and I realized a while ago two things:

1) The thing I miss most about my old cars was that they were simpler. '88.5 Suzuki Samurai, '89 Civic HB...that's why I love my Cleetuses (Cleetii?): 3 80's Chevy fullsize C/K trucks that are stoneage simple in their engineering, do work, and can be repaired for pennies using a sledgehammer and a crescent wrench.

2) I find myself looking forward to my next purchase a MUCH more enjoyable pursuit! Looking at a Mazda5 and a CTS-V for future purchases eventually...

Guest fist302
I hate you.. this is the only dd i'd replace the contour with right now

+1 that color is the sex

i would kick myself for selling that car too and it just reminds me to never give in to the urge to sell mine.

I hate you.. this is the only dd i'd replace the contour with right now

I will be buying another one.........Hopefully in 2011.

It will be a manual trans car and mint. I have slowly started to LOVE the Gen 1 style. I used to ONLY like the Gen 2. I think my purchase will be a Gen 1.

God, this thread has made me depressed at my stupidity. That car was fucking MINT.....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

no real huge regrets yet. i've only sold two cars so far::

--1990 7-up mustang lx 5.0 vert. was in shitty condition, bought it for $3,500. sold it 5 years later after only putting less than 5k miles on it for $2200, after sinking about a grand into it. it had rust, was an auto, with 2.73 gears

--'99 sentra sold last year for $2,500 with 115k miles on it. mechanically perfect car with everything working on it--wife made me sell it, no huge regret.

--'90 grand prix. my grandfather helped me buy it after college (in 1999) as a daily driver for $3,000 with 75k miles on it. after maintaining it beautifully, and fixing a head gasket at 150k miles, my wife demanded i get rid of it (let me get the gto just to get rid of the grand prix). i gave it to my grandfather, and he absolutely loves it. he's driven it for the last 3 years and it has worked flawlessly for him

our '05 explorer kind of sucks, i'd love to trade it in on something better, but its paid off.

I will be buying another one.........Hopefully in 2011.

It will be a manual trans car and mint. I have slowly started to LOVE the Gen 1 style. I used to ONLY like the Gen 2. I think my purchase will be a Gen 1.

God, this thread has made me depressed at my stupidity. That car was fucking MINT.....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Gay

I miss all my old cars (especially my GTP) but for various reasons I don't really regret selling any of them. The only thing I regret is spending money I don't have on "impractical" cars, and not being able to afford a decent DD, and driving my worn out third gen this winter as a result. Oh, and selling my lifted 4x4 K5 Blazer BEFORE winter, not after. What a stupid move