50 states, Been there? - Post a pic

Earache

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I get some coordinates and is there more roads like it where this picture came from? Finally, when are you going back?

Shitloads more - we never rode this far south on the weekend that we were there. Remember that nasty assed Burger King we ate at? This is south of there about 100 miles. Tons of great roads down that way.

Pick a weekend and we'll head back down.

Shitloads more - we never rode this far south on the weekend that we were there. Remember that nasty assed Burger King we ate at? This is south of there about 100 miles. Tons of great roads down that way.

Pick a weekend and we'll head back down.

Nice, we'll have to get something together. What month would you say is the best for riding down there?...I'd venture to say it's not OCTOBER!!

Nice, we'll have to get something together. What month would you say is the best for riding down there?...I'd venture to say it's not OCTOBER!!

April through October is okay. Rains a bit more earlier in the summer and is hot as Hell mid-summer, late summer is most crowded. Take yer pick!

More states. Can't believe no one hasposted Florida yet. Here's some from St. Pete Beach in front of the Hurricane Restaurant and out in the middle of the state...

IMG_8774Medium.jpg

IMG_8783Medium.jpg

The curves of Nevada...

IMG_9377Large.jpg

Redwoods in California...

IMG_9493Large.jpg

IMG_9576Large.jpg

April through October is okay. Rains a bit more earlier in the summer and is hot as Hell mid-summer, late summer is most crowded. Take yer pick!

You see this 4DAIVI PAI2K5 and Ron Burgundy, get your days off saved...we're going mountain ridin' somewhere between April and October with Earache as our tour guide!!

:dj:

Think we can get a picture that one of us took from all 50 states? Doesn't have to be bike related, but bikes in the pic make it that much better. It needs to be a picture that you took.

I'll start, here's Alaska (no bikes, it was cold)...

Iowa (not many people go there to ride)...

Oregon ...

Be fun to see if there's a state that none of us have visited.

EDIT -

States posted:

1 - Alaska

2- Iowa

3 -Oregon

4 -Idaho

5 -Montana

6 -New Mexico

7 -Florida

8 - Ohio (duh)

9 - Wisconsin

10 -Kentucky

11 - Illinois

12 - Colorado

13 - Indiana

14 - Michigan

15 - Arizona

16 - Texas

17 - South Carolina

18 - Virginia

19 - Tennessee

20 - North Carolina

21 - Wyoming

22 -South Dakota

23 - Georgia

24 - Utah

25 - New York

26 - New Hampshire

27 - Vermont

28 - Massachusetts

29 - Pennsylvania

30 - Maine

31 - Florida

32 - Nevada

33 - California

I was going to take a pic in front of the "Welcome to..." signs that I passed on bike trips. That idea lasted for about 3 signs.

Idaho, Montana and New Mexico...

Two rainbows, Fairplay, Colorado...

A few more of the obscure states that most don't ride in....

Wyoming (or "fuckin' Wyoming" as I like to call it)

South Dakota

Georgia

Utah

More states. Can't believe no one hasposted Florida yet. Here's some from St. Pete Beach in front of the Hurricane Restaurant and out in the middle of the state...

The curves of Nevada...

Did you mean you were gonna post all 50 yourself Eric.....Or was this a group participation thread??? ;)

Did you mean you were gonna post all 50 yourself Eric.....Or was this a group participation thread??? ;)

Nope- there's a couple I haven't been to that have been posted - like Maine. What others do you have? We don't have many eastern states listed.

Anyone ride in Hawaii?

Edited by Earache

Cool idea Eric! Though.....I think we're gonna need that image resizer for this thread ;)

I can cover South Dakota, Nevada, Utah, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Chicago & the U.P......All on bikes :D

Welcome back to 1981 folks....That's me in the middle.......10 years old/5th grade (wearing my Steeler's jacket ;)), with my dad & one of his best friends. Mom's takin' the picture. The sidecar w/ the red helmet was where I rode the whole trip. Pretty cool....My dad hooked up a speaker for me so I could listen to the stereo too, + it had a flip up canopy that snapped on for when it was raining. Attached to a 1980 Suzuki GS1000G w/ the full Vetter touring package. Dad's buddy had a GoldWing & was pulling the rental trailer with all the camping supplies & bags for us

scan0007.jpg

Here we are crossing into Nevada. Back of dad's bike on the left.....

scan0005.jpg

And here we are by the Great Salt Lake in Utah......

scan0006.jpg

Fast forward to present day ;) Here's the DTC at the Jim Beam American Outpost, this past October. You can just see the bikes behind Kyle's arm....

Bike008.jpg

Great pictures Fonz....very precious

The curves of Nevada...

I posted a Florida pic, just not with motorcycles in it.. yet

well this isnt really bike related but i went up here with one of my friends in late december. This is in northern part of newyork and out in the middle of no where lol they got aton of snow!

100_0355.jpg

a light snowfall for the night

100_0328.jpg

a good 4 feet of snow

100_0357.jpg

and my favorite, you thought the plows around here were big wait until you saw the ones out there, they were huge!

100_0364.jpg

holy shit batman, thats a f-n plow!!!!

I'm diggin' the Vetter fairings on the Wing!

Have any more pictures from that trip? I'd love to see'em.

Actually.....The Vetter package is on dad's Zuke. The Wing already came with a full package of it's own by '81.

There are a ton of pix from that trip, but those are the only ones I have. Kinda funny.....I just stumbled upon them again a few weeks ago. Mom or dad have the rest, and dad & I haven't spoke much the last 6 years. I think he gave me these about 8 years ago, when Chuck, his best friend & the big guy in the pix, passed away from cancer.

I spent A LOT of time on the back of Chuck's bike growin' up. As you can tell.....I pretty much grew up on the back of a bike. If my mom was goin' ridin' with us too....then I got shotgun on Chuck's bike, 'cause he didn't have any kids of his own at the time, and I was his little buddy. I've been to CA on this trip, as well as Smokey Mt's, & Manitoba, Canada....Plus infinite other local rides.

Great pictures Fonz....very precious

You have no idea how right you are Koz. Reason dad gave me these pix after Chuck's funeral, is because we went to see him a few hours before he passed. As we were leaving, I went over to give him one last hug, and he whispered in my ear "Thanks for the memories" :(Him thanking me for riding all over the country on the back of his bike?!? Still makes me tear up when I think about it/him icon_redface.gif

So yeah.....Those pix are priceless to me eusa_angel.gif and I'm glad I found them again & coincidentally had a reason to share them ;)

Edited by Fonzie

I had no idea it was a Suzuki - shows how much I know.

Be cool if you could get some of those old pictures, scan them an dthen post them up. It'd be great to see someplaces from back then and compare them to today. I have a picture of me as a child at Mt. Rushmore. The parking area out front of the place was just a gravel lot - nothing like today.

Just a suggestion FWIW.....But if you're gonna "quote" somebody's post for your reply, maybe get rid of any pix in the quote that aren't pertinent to your reply. That way this thread isn't takin' forever to load, and bouncin' back & forth even more because a few of the pix need resized

No kiddin'......You actually are capable of smiling in a picture....without giving the finger, sneering, actin' like a harda$$ or bitchin' about how long it's takin'?!? 33.gif

I'll have to keep that in mind for next time lol.gif

IMG_1418.jpg

Who's maroon & white one down on the end? Sharp!

Randy wasn't with you???

Edited by Fonzie

Smart ass

You know what I always say.....Better than bein' a dumba$$ :p

That's 99 busa on the .org. He's from Indy. Didn't ride with Randy except for on the Hellbender the first day down there.
Chris? This is a bit different than his maroon & white before, no? Is that Warp on the end, by chance?
Was thinking, Deals Gap and Gatlinburg are the only 2 places I've been outside of OH without you.:lol:
I KNOW.....Seems weird seein' you in pix without me or 'Birdy.....or even people I know!! ;)