Urban Active

Akula

Anyone have a membership there?

Cost?

I hear people pay $15/month up to $80/month depending on if you are good at counter sales.

Its all about the contract and when you go in. Ill be honest they are complete dicks and basically twist your arm with threats of turning you into claims if you dont pay your dues, which isnt a problem until your contract is up and they hit you up with some BS after its ended and its either fit it and waste money or pay it and bounce. Check the BBB and see what kinds reviews they got, isnt that great

Don't ever get into a contract with any Gym. I have heard many horror stories.

Also from experience you can pay pretty much whatever you want if you know how to haggle. These people make money off the fact that you will be lazy.

I pay like $42 a month after taxes, but i get tanning included. I have no regrets because I actually use it.

Avg Joes and UA have quite the little racket going. You get 15% off your food bill if you are a UA member, so the cycle just keeps going. You get fatter at Joes, then go workout, etc, etc. Not only that but those 2 places combined take up all the spots in that parking lot. Its pathetic.

I pay like $42 a month after taxes, but i get tanning included. I have no regrets because I actually use it.

Avg Joes and UA have quite the little racket going. You get 15% off your food bill if you are a UA member, so the cycle just keeps going. You get fatter at Joes, then go workout, etc, etc. Not only that but those 2 places combined take up all the spots in that parking lot. Its pathetic.

I'm sure Verizon has some customers, they are not a small business. :D

Now that's a sweet deal. When they had the last $19.99 special going on, it was only for three days a week you could go. So I stuck with my YMCA membership.

Just noticed you're in Powell too. They might still have it going on, just look for a giant "$19.99" sign in the windows on the right of the building...i don't think its there anymore though, but it might be cause I go at night and don't look for it.

Plus you can negotiate with them. I got a PT for $60/month, they started to sell me it for $120/month.

85 down and 30 a month no contract for me and hubby...

The "free trainer session" is a huge sales pitch..

There is a 60day cancellation policy. (sixty days= two paying cycles have to be paid before cancelled fully)

im set up to see a trainer 3 days a week for the next 3 months, obivously not for 30 a month tho.

I go to Lifetime... Open 24 hours, it's cleaner (doesnt stink like Urban Active), more equipment, better locker rooms, better pool (I swim a lot), and everything is included, you dont have to bring your own towels for $97 with tax for both me and my GF... It was like $45/month without tax... I had an Urban Active membership and had to wait for weights all the time because they only have so many and they are always taken... Plus I didnt like that they are only open till 7pm on weekends and 9pm on some days... Also at lifetime I can always get a game or two of basketball on at any time of the day... It is worth the extra $15/month, I think...