Urban Active

Akula

I go to Lifetime... Open 24 hours, it's cleaner (doesnt stink like Urban Active), more equipment, better locker rooms, better pool (I swim a lot), and everything is included, you dont have to bring your own towels for $97 with tax for both me and my GF... It was like $45/month without tax... I had an Urban Active membership and had to wait for weights all the time because they only have so many and they are always taken... Plus I didnt like that they are only open till 7pm on weekends and 9pm on some days... Also at lifetime I can always get a game or two of basketball on at any time of the day... It is worth the extra $15/month, I think...

While i would LOVE to have a 24 hour Gym, UA is so much more convenient to me. I would love a bigger pool and honestly haven't had much issue with the rest of the gym, but I am a late night person, and the idea i could go work out after hubby goes to bed, would make me happy, but there isnt one within a 5-7min drive of my house..

Convenience is a HUGe factor keeping me working out.I cant use it as an excuse.

Sorry but like I said earlier its such a scam, notice how no-one in here pays the same rate.... It's all how much you care, if you want to ask for a lower rate you get it. But its all relative to how much you make and how much you get out of it I guess.

Sorry but like I said earlier its such a scam, notice how no-one in here pays the same rate.... It's all how much you care, if you want to ask for a lower rate you get it. But its all relative to how much you make and how much you get out of it I guess.

actually i think most of us that go to UA pay similar prices. Some people seem to have gotten a grand opening type price when golds swapped over to UA, but it seems most of us are paying 29.99 a month there.

I do belive if you sign a contract it IS cheaper, but i have no desire to be held into a contract, nor do i think others.

They have NO clue how much you make, unless you are flaunting your wad in thier face along with yoru W2's.

actually i think most of us that go to UA pay similar prices. Some people seem to have gotten a grand opening type price when golds swapped over to UA, but it seems most of us are paying 29.99 a month there.

I do belive if you sign a contract it IS cheaper, but i have no desire to be held into a contract, nor do i think others.

They have NO clue how much you make, unless you are flaunting your wad in thier face along with yoru W2's.

I'm also pretty sure you can get a cheaper "rate" if you pay up front instead of month to month.

Sorry that came out wrong, I meant some people that may make $100k + a year may not be as inclined to haggle for a lower rate because they can easily afford it. Where as if you may make less or you watch how you spend your cash and ask/haggle for a lower rate most gyms I have had experience with seem to take whatever they can get out of each individual. Kinda reminds me of Time Warner lol. Although they are trying to get a a more set prices type of thing it looks like, from the pamphlet they sent me awhile back.