For The Want-To-Root Droid Owners

Mr. Jones

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooting it yourself > Using and app

At least become familiar with how to get into recovery yourself, what you are capable of doing in recovery, how to flash roms yourself, and how to use adb. When you flash a rom and get stuck in bootloop, you wont be freaking out because now your app is useless.

I'm overclocked at 1.25 ghz with wifi tether. For the apps, use astro file manager. It will back up all your apps to your sd card. You will only need to do that if you do a nandroid backup, however, once on a different rom, upgrades will not wipe any data. If you have any questions, I'm getting pretty good at this stuff. Just yell.

At least become familiar with how to get into recovery yourself, what you are capable of doing in recovery, how to flash roms yourself, and how to use adb. When you flash a rom and get stuck in bootloop, you wont be freaking out because now your app is useless.

You STILL need to boot into recovery and such, it just eliminates the use of ADB. Hell, if you get stuck, you can still use it of course.

Point being this will work flawlessly for 99% of people and get them what they want easily.

This, teach yourself once, and forever spread the word.

I rooted mine today using this app and then loaded BB afterwards... I love it... my only complaint as of right now is sometimes my sms popup doesn't pop up my messages.... other than that, everything seems to be running great.

I'm still a little confused at how to install the kernel's afterwards though if someone could go into a little more detail please.

oh, Is there an app or instructions that's this simple to root the Hero? a buddy of mine has the Hero and wants to Root his and find some good rom's for it.

oh, Is there an app or instructions that's this simple to root the Hero? a buddy of mine has the Hero and wants to Root his and find some good rom's for it.

Do a search for CDMA Hero, else you will end up getting the GSM Hero which is a different phone.

dude, go put BB on it and then let me know what you think... so far, BB is tits... of the beer flavored nipple variety... I just wish I understood the kernel stuff, so I could throw on one of the overclocking kernels and save myself the cash for the over clocking app.

dude, go put BB on it and then let me know what you think... so far, BB is tits... of the beer flavored nipple variety... I just wish I understood the kernel stuff, so I could throw on one of the overclocking kernels and save myself the cash for the over clocking app.

Kernels you just install like update.zip

setcpu is free if you get it from the official repo, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419, just register and you are set.

Ok even after the initial boot.. WOW. HUGE FREAKIN DIFFERENCE! Not even OCed yet and already a huge difference I love it.

FYI, that rom comes with a 250-800mhz kernel. It IS overclocked out of the box. I have like 4 roms loaded onto the flash now and I just flip between them.

My fav. so far is BB 0.5 (2.1) w/ the 10 slot kernel. 1.2 seems rock stable and retard quick.

FYI, that rom comes with a 250-800mhz kernel. It IS overclocked out of the box. I have like 4 roms loaded onto the flash now and I just flip between them.

My fav. so far is BB 0.5 (2.1) w/ the 10 slot kernel. 1.2 seems rock stable and retard quick.

did you notice it seemed warm by the camera eye?

did you notice it seemed warm by the camera eye?

Yes, perfectly normal.

There is some room for various developers to tweak voltages ect. with their various kernels. Hell, at stock speeds it gets warm up top durign extended use. at 1.2 it does get a bit warm, but you can get that temp monitor now if you are worried.

:p

Ok Jones, I think I am going to get an Android phone. You are now going to have to suffer my NEWBness by answering a never ending string of NEWB questions. Be prepared.

I'm no expert by any means my friend, but it's nerdy, and therefore I have latched onto it like stink on shit. Once you get the recovery rom/SPrecovery ect. loaded, it's open season on roms. Only takes a minute to switch between them.