Spring 2009 ICON Catalog.

jagr

Got this yesterday. And just gotta say i love the bike on the cover.

Maybe Catman will make me one. haha.

iconbike.jpg

Also lots of Hayabusa gear this year. ( here come the haters.)

http://www.rideicon.com/

Making of vid.

http://www.rideicon.com/index.jsp?homeImage=photoshoot

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Insulated Denim. Nice.

Removable liner.

Dual purpose, even better.

showImage.jsp?class_id=7870&image_type=fullsize&rank=100

The Icon design and development team is located in dark and cold Portland, Oregon. Most of us ride to work year-round. Those of you who do the same will understand what we're up to with this genius product. The big deal here is the removable and washable insulated lining, which gives you the choice: ultra-toasty, or cool and loose. The outer chassis is heavy 14oz denim with integrated Aramid reinforced knee and hip panels, all blended together with some trick urban styling. We can't warm your tires before you set out, but we can offer a product that keeps your knees from knocking against the tank.

• Durable 14oz. denim
  • Removable insulated washable lining
  • Aramid reinforced knee & hip panels
  • Imported

Insulated Denim. Nice.

Removable liner.

Dual purpose, even better.

showImage.jsp?class_id=7870&image_type=fullsize&rank=100

The Icon design and development team is located in dark and cold Portland, Oregon. Most of us ride to work year-round. Those of you who do the same will understand what we're up to with this genius product. The big deal here is the removable and washable insulated lining, which gives you the choice: ultra-toasty, or cool and loose. The outer chassis is heavy 14oz denim with integrated Aramid reinforced knee and hip panels, all blended together with some trick urban styling. We can't warm your tires before you set out, but we can offer a product that keeps your knees from knocking against the tank.

• Durable 14oz. denim
  • Removable insulated washable lining
  • Aramid reinforced knee & hip panels
  • Imported

I just throw my underwear in the oven for 15mins @ 250... keeps the junk nice n toasty....

Whats wrong with Icon products? I have an Icon helmet, 2 Icon jackets and a pair of the first generation Icon Timax gloves and like everything but the gloves. I wore the gloves for one short 24 mile ride and because I use one finger on the clutch the metal plate killed my middle knuckle and it still hurts.

So what gear is " in " this year?

Whats wrong with Icon products? I have an Icon helmet, 2 Icon jackets and a pair of the first generation Icon Timax gloves and like everything but the gloves. I wore the gloves for one short 24 mile ride and because I use one finger on the clutch the metal plate killed my middle knuckle and it still hurts.

So what gear is " in " this year?

Absolutely nothing. I've got 3 pair of the jeans, the field armor boots, leg armor and the field armor vest. All work well and are very comfortable

yea i never understood the vest, im guessing it may help protect vitals in a crash?..heavy? hot?..were talking the field amour vest correct?

Not heavy or hot. Got it because for the extra protection on the spine. My leather jacket has great armor on the arms and shoulders but pathetic spine.

Gear isn't as hot as you might think. It will actually keep your body temp lower than riding in just a t shirt.

if its the reflective vest, i didnt bother to look, then im fairly sure that is marketed towards the military riders who take their bike onto the base.

at least at Wright Patt, all motorcyclist are required to wear some sort of reflective gear. since most are wearing their camos (forgot what the tech name for it is...) the vest is the most convenient from all the riders i've talked to on base.

here it is:

Your upper outer garment must be brightly colored, visible and reflective at night. The intent is to maximize the chance of being seen by other traffic, thereby controlling your personal risk. For visibility purposes, a vest is not specifically required as is an upper outer garment. Additionally, ensure the bright color constitutes the majority of your upper outer garment.
Edited by natedogg624