Cooper Stadium- Town meeting.

mrs.cos

Reposting this for a friend of mine on COS

So I don't know many of you guys.. but I have been part of the SCCA for a few years now, and recently got elected onto the Ohio Valley Region's board of directors... (sorry if you hate scca.. it works for me.. and I figure instead of complaining about it and bashing it.. i can join the leadership and try to make a change.. call me :nuts:) but... recently one of the schottenstein's came and talked about it at our board meeting with the race group.. and they need some help to promote this and fight the good fight to get this approved.

Some more details about the old Cooper Stadium Location (some details: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/01/29/COOPER_STADIUM_USE.ART_ART_01-29-10_B1_13GEIGU.html)

youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USkzJAOcAT0

There is a meeting coming up on MARCH 9th that is a public meeting

March 9th

Franklinton Commssion Meeting

Where: Franklinton Library, 1061 W. Town St.

Time: 6:30pm

Arshot Development will be there to give a presentation to the commission. You can be sure that people from ROAR will be there as well. If you haven't checked out the ROAR website yet, you should. This will make it easier to understand what kind of misinformation they are likely to spread.

- - -

what they need is a show of support from people who want something like this initiative to happen and speak up in support of it.

There is a thread on the OVR forum also about people talking about it

http://forum.ovr-scca.org/index.php?topic=235.0

would love to see some of you guys and girls show up in support of the plans; it's not going to cost anything more then your time.. and who knows what it could lead to...

feel free to discuss...

Idk if I will be able to make it getting off work at 6, I suppose I could try though I would be interested in hearing it in person.

Interesting how long the thread was on here w/ everyone talking about it yet no one interested in running their mouths to the people in charge of making it happen.

Damnit lol, this is crossle

Idk if I will be able to make it getting off work at 6, I suppose I could try though I would be interested in hearing it in person.

Interesting how long the thread was on here w/ everyone talking about it yet no one interested in running their mouths to the people in charge of making it happen.

Damnit lol, this is crossle

Actually I have class that night, so I know for sure I won't be able to make it...it would be nice to hear what they have to say from the source instead of what people think is going to happen.

Update from Simi

The meeting scheduled with the Franklinton Area Commission for March 9 is being rescheduled. ROAR has finally authorized its noise consultant to confer with our expert. We suggested, and the Franklinton Area Commission agreed, that our meeting should be postponed until the consultants have been given an opportunity to reach a consensus or at least narrow the scope of any actual disagreement.

Meanwhile, we are confirmed to make a presentation to the Southwest Area Commission at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, April 21, 2010, at the New Horizon United Methodist Church, 1665 Harrisburg Pike. The primary purpose of the presentation will be to specifically address any remaining questions or concerns about the noise issue. Our acoustical consultant will be in attendance. ROAR and their consultant have also been invited to participate. We recommend that supporters of the project arrive no later than 6:30 pm, as seating will be limited.

Anything that you can do to spread the word among the SCCA membership will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joseph A. Sugar, III

General Counsel

Arshot Investment Corporation

So what happened with this? I think it would be a novel idea. It certainly might clean up that area. And give the city the dollars it wants for sure.

If you mean the latest on Cooper - Arshot has requested a one year extension on their option to purchase the property (and tossed in another $100K on the deal). They are still working to gain positive confirmation from the Franklinton and Southwest Area Commissions. If those commissions give a thumbs up to the project, then zoning approvals would be much easier to obtain. Once zoning has been approved I bet you'll quickly see hammers flinging and shovels digging at the Coop!

Here's a link to an interesting article in Business First regarding today's announcement.

Business First

On the grass roots support side of things, we are planning to have a presence during the upcoming Columbus International Auto Show to provide information and gain additional public support for the project. If you go, look for the AutoSmarts4U display booth - we'll have a portion of that area.

Also underway is the organization of an "official" effort called FOR Columbus (Friends of Racing Columbus). We intend to make out voice heard in support of the project.

Thanks,

Bruno Tabacchi

http://www.coopertalk.info

Edited by btabacchi

More news with regard to Cooper.

The Franklin County Commisioners will be meeting on Tuesday, March 16 to vote on the Arshot request for an extension of its option to purchase Cooper. Arshot is requesting the extension to continue to work towards gaining zoning approval for the project. The meeting will be held on the 26th Floor of the Franklin County Government Center, 373 South High St. at 9:00am. This is a public meeting with comments allowed.

ROAR opponents are expected to attend to try to show that they represent a majority of the population. We know that isn't true. If you can make the meeting to show your support please do so.

Thanks,

Bruno Tabacchi

Just got out of the Franklin County Commissioners meeting and they passed the resolution extending the developers option to buy Cooper. The next step will be for Arshot to submit their zoning change request which if approved, will allow the eventual construction to begin. That process takes several months and is a decision of the Columbus City council.

So now the fight moves to convincing the Columbus City that there is community support for the project.

If you go to the auto show this week be sure to stop by the Auto Smarts Radio booth. We'll have a hard copy of the petition as well as a limited number of t-shirts for those signing the petition.

Thanks,

Bruno

Cooper Park has a booth just outside the main entrance to the Columbus Autoshow (right across from the Cobra Raffle booth). They have a petition in support of the park anyone can sign if they are in favor of a well designed facility that will bring good money to the economy of Columbus.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Reminder!!

Date ................... Thursday, May 6th, 2010

Time ................... 7:00 p.m. to ???

Location ............. Burnzies Bar & Grille

1662 W. Mound St.

Columbus, Ohio 43223

This will be our first public meeting to support Cooper Park. I am inviting the people from Franklinton, Hilltop S/W area and everyone we know who supports Cooper Park to join us.

We will cover the following .....

* Hand out yard signs that read "FOR COOPER PARK"

* Hand out copies of 10 minute highlight DVD for the show that will air on FOX28 May 8th.

* Go over questions and job duties for the two important meetings in May... Franklinton & S/W

* Get our game plan in place for these next few very important months.

I will ask Steve to make me a flyer so I can start handing them out in the Franklinton and S/W area to get the word out about our meeting.

Please invite all your friends and neighbors that support Cooper Park and love FREE PIZZA !!! On us.

WE NEED TO STAND UP AND LET THE ROAR,GERM VILL AND SHORT NORTH KNOW.... WE "THE PEOPLE" SUPPORT COOPER PARK !!!!!

Thanks,

Dan "BOOTS" Longenette

614-557-8838

http://www.autosmartsradio.com

610 WTVN