Project: Berto's LS1 FC

Berto

So as many of you know I was tired of my car, putting money into the rotary and not seeing results. Hell I tried to sell the car. So I figured what the hell, I'll put an LS1 in it.

Best way to keep you guys updated is to just check my build thread on v8rx7forum.com

http://www.v8rx7forum.com/showthread.php?57836-Berto-s-LS1-T56-FC-Swap-Build-Thread-(Picture-Heavy!)

For those of you that are lazy here is a vid and pic, basically cliffnotes.

I need a new picture of the engine bay cleaned up. All thats left to hit the streets is i need to make my exhaust this weekend.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/BertoBizkit/RX-7/LS1%20Swap%20into%20the%20RX-7/DSC03351.jpg

Video:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/BertoBizkit/RX-7/LS1%20Swap%20into%20the%20RX-7/?action=view&current=MOV03367.flv

Jeebus...that thing sounds evil. Gonna check out the thread...I'm surprised how quickly this project was completed!

I started Nov 1st and had the car ready to start by Dec 31st. The only reason I didn't start it up earlier was I had to send the PCM to get a bunch of stuff tuned out.

I am pleased with how quick I got it done, the v8Rx7 forum was crucial in my success.

This project is a direct result of this forum too. If any of you remember when I first joined I didn't know how to change brake pads and I learned from many of you. So I hope this might give some ideas or incentive to others that might not feel like they can do something like this!

Damn you.... I'm working on doing the same thing on an S4 Rx-7. How was the swap?

It wasn't bad. Undoubtedly, I think about 50% of the work was doing research on 'da internets'. I got mine 'done' in 2 months but I was working on it almost every afternoon after work.

-Load Leveler for the engine hoist is a must.

Go through a few build threads you will get an idea for what to look out for and how to save some cash.

while I'm not completely pumped about the idea of such a nice TII getting chopped up, if it keeps such a good looking car goign on the road then so be it.

Project looks good, hope it works out as you had hoped.

I would say 10-11k. Which is high, but will basically get me what I have into the car back. Like I said, no rush to sell it but if someone was willing to pay that much I would have to put some serious thought into it.

I would say 10-11k. Which is high, but will basically get me what I have into the car back. Like I said, no rush to sell it but if someone was willing to pay that much I would have to put some serious thought into it.

I'd say thats a plenty fair for that car, looks, power, and int/ext mods.