Thanks a bunch Toyota

CRed05

I think this is being reported incorrectly or being interpreted wrong,

"Often called a “smart pedal,” the feature is now installed in many automobiles sold worldwide, including models from BMW, Chrysler, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan and Volkswagen."

Bullshit. I know for a fact that you can brake torque any new model of BMW (and don't DSG GTI's use the same method for it's launch control system?). I think this "override" only applies while the vehicle is already in motion.

Haha. How much she reached out for the mailbox without putting the car in park and hit the gas when she leaned out?

As far as the brake override issue, I'll try to just cover a quick part of it. Supposedly, it's actually going to be set for over a certain rpm. Far above stock stall on the autos. There was some more details on the specifics that made it sound like other such 'hoonery' would be considered so as not to be affected.

Doesn't effect me much cause I think auto transmission are for the gays. But now how are we going to do burnouts in our pickup trucks and v6 mustangs?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/03/business/global/03toyota.html?ref=global-home

VW/Audis essentially already have a, "Smart pedal."

Try again :)

How hard is it to turn off the car when it is running? Did Toyota develop some override that won't allow the key to turn to the off position when the car is moving forward?

"911 PLZ BEAM ME UP SCOTTY OUT OF MAH CAR IT WON'T STOP"

"Sir just turn off the car"

"How do I d...."

Crazy crash into a tree. Dies. lulz

How hard is it to turn off the car when it is running? Did Toyota develop some override that won't allow the key to turn to the off position when the car is moving forward?

"911 PLZ BEAM ME UP SCOTTY OUT OF MAH CAR IT WON'T STOP"

"Sir just turn off the car"

"How do I d...."

Crazy crash into a tree. Dies. lulz

This.

VW/Audis essentially already have a, "Smart pedal."

Try again :)

See tripleskates post. Audi DSG's have launch control, I've tested it out on my parent's.

Thanks to Toyota's failcars, now the guvment needs to step in and make it mandatory.

See tripleskates post. Audi DSG's have launch control, I've tested it out on my parent's.

Thanks to Toyota's failcars, now the guvment needs to step in and make it mandatory.

Yes, but launch control isn't on 100% of the time. When not in launch control if you mash both the gas & brake, guess what, you are stopping. :p

I can only think of a couple awesome 80's cars...

Porsche 959

Porsche 951

Renault R5 TII

I'm sure more will come with time..

MAZDA RX-7 OMG DUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!