thoughts on Nitto NT-555R tires?

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/nitto-nt555r-drag-2756015-p-73457.html (i can get them cheaper, but this link has some info on them)

i need tires... ide like to get another set of MT ET Streets because ive heard amazing things about them, but theyre $60 more per tire, and only last about 1/3 as long as these....

car will see the track probably only on CR track days, and it will see maybe 3k miles on the street per year....im looking for a tire that i can kinda compromise with between a street/track tire...i know ill be giving up a lot of traction running the 555s over the MTs, but im thinking the treadwear will make it worth it

has anyone used these tires that could give me a review about what you thought personally? are they worth getting?

when you spray the car are you gonna be spraying off the line or down the track?

only reason I ask is because my uncle ran the Nitto NT555R's on his Nova and the car was sprayed with a 75hit off the line and car spun till about the 330' and this was on a .060 over 350

Guest tbutera2112

it wont be sprayed until second gear, but as of right now, the spray isnt even hooked up

jeffro, yours wear faster than mine would, you hit the track every week didnt you? im hoping i can get about 5-10k miles, and maybe 40 passes out of them...does that sound reasonable?

ide like to get two summers street driving, and probably 6 track days out of them

Awesome tire. They are sticky down to the belts. Only drag radial you can put any real mileage on. To get even wear, you need to keep the pressure around the low to mid 20psi range.

I ran those in the back and the standard 555's up front - very pleased with them. Are there more sticky DR's out there? Very much so, but you aren't going to able to put 15k miles on those either. It's a great street tire, good in the rain - I highly suggest them.

u plan to barely drive the car.... so what would it matter if the tires wear kinda quickthe 555s dont hook worth shit. if u dont plan on racing it often(not sure why u wouldnt. u went threw the hassle of putting th e 460 in there) then get them. if u do wanna race get the mt

it wont be sprayed until second gear, but as of right now, the spray isnt even hooked up

jeffro, yours wear faster than mine would, you hit the track every week didnt you? im hoping i can get about 5-10k miles, and maybe 40 passes out of them...does that sound reasonable?

ide like to get two summers street driving, and probably 6 track days out of them

you might be able to get away with the Nitto's if your not hitting the car till 2nd gear on spray.

My uncle drove on the tires from GC to Jeg's on the east side on the weekends, a few burnouts at Chrysler Classics and a few burnouts at Mopar Nationals, and a few trips back and forth to Trails, and drove the car to local car show's in the Columbus area and they only lasted for the summer

granted your car is an auto, but when i had the mach1 and blower it made 390tq real low in the band and I felt like i was racing the tires not racing the car. end result on nittos vs m/t with no other mods. these were also 315-35-17's

nitto-12.17@117 1.78 60'

m/t-11.36@125 1.59 60'

Guest tbutera2112
u plan to barely drive the car.... so what would it matter if the tires wear kinda quickthe 555s dont hook worth shit. if u dont plan on racing it often(not sure why u wouldnt. u went threw the hassle of putting th e 460 in there) then get them. if u do wanna race get the mt

with the driving i plan to do, i would burn up two sets of MTs per season....i cant afford that right now, especially when i can get a set of nittos for cheaper and make them last two seasons...ive been hearing mixed revies on them, thats why i made this thread, not sure what ill be doing as of right now

If they don't hook worth shit, lets dig for $20 saturday night.

I like them, I know there's better stuff out there but I've been running around on them for over a year and there's plenty left for this year.

with the driving i plan to do, i would burn up two sets of MTs per season....i cant afford that right now, especially when i can get a set of nittos for cheaper and make them last two seasons...ive been hearing mixed revies on them, thats why i made this thread, not sure what ill be doing as of right now

Get some street tires then if ur worried about wear. Then get. A slick for track days.

Get some street tires then if ur worried about wear. Then get. A slick for track days.

this is probably your best bet. i've had the same 315 nittos on my 600rwhp cobra for the past 3 years---about 8k miles. they're done--they readily spin in 3rd gear at 70mph now. i will probably get another set, but will also get a skinny/big set-up as well for the track with some better drag tires. nittos make great, great street tires. mine used to dead hook at 40mph in second gear when warm---

i cut a few 1.75 60's at the bradenton fun ford event last year and ran 11.5 at 128mph. like derek said, that's about the limit for these tires as far as launching goes, and it takes a 'john force' burnout to get them to hook. still, they are much better than a street tire for the track. you can run these tires in the rain if you have to/want to.

i also run the nitto 555r 275's on my GTO and i daily drive that car in the summer (accept if its raining). i've been caught in the rain multiple times with the gto and it does fine. you will want the 315's if you plan on making power. my GTO is 375rwhp and can overpower the 275's in first easily.

hope this helps

Guest tbutera2112

my priority list is:

exhaust, tires, fan

ive decided to not rush this thing...im gonna chill out a bit and just go with the flow...not going to slap shit together and stress myself financially to hit the track day in april...ill be in the saab or on the bike, depends if the bike is fixed or what not