NOW: It's Nice, Hocking Hills Hiking

Mr. Jones

Trying to get a few peeps together ASAP for a trip to hocking.

NOt just for the drive, but for a actual hike, old mans to cedar falls & back ect. Probably a simple ~5mile round trip. It's quite nice out so it should be fun.

Bring water and snacks, maybe we can do dinner after.

Who's in ?

Cell = 614-746-3017

give me a little more notice and i'd be down like a motherfucker. unfortunately, i just woke up, and ive got some spring cleaning to do. if its on a weekend and you can give me a couple days notice, i'd even be down for like a 10mi hike.

its a good thought...im really going to try to focus on getting out more this summer and being active, instead of sitting around all the time. did 22mi on my bike yesterday, bought a kayak friday so i can get out on hoover and do some paddling, a hike sounds great too.

its a good thought...im really going to try to focus on getting out more this summer and being active, instead of sitting around all the time. did 22mi on my bike yesterday, bought a kayak friday so i can get out on hoover and do some paddling, a hike sounds great too.

You ever cayaked in Hocking or Mohican ? I prefer it to the flat/bleh of hoover ect.

ive canoed hocking via one of the canoe places down there. i mentioned hoover for the fact its <3 miles from my house. once i get the feel for the kayak (only been out on a couple for very short amounts of time), i want to go do big walnut from about morse/stygler down to main/270. stopped by last night and found a spot i should be able to stop and unload, but there are 5-6 rock steps down to the creek that might be a bit of a PITA to get out of the creek.

i heard the kokosing river is nice too...someone online even mentioned riding bikes up the trail then kayaking back down to where you started the ride. sounded like a good time

The problem with hocking is getting back to your car ect. One option is to utilize the hocking hills canoe livery. They have a cheap option, where you can bring your own boat and they will load it up. You then drive up with the rest of their customers but it's only like 3-5 bucks for the ride....

The problem with hocking is getting back to your car ect. One option is to utilize the hocking hills canoe livery. They have a cheap option, where you can bring your own boat and they will load it up. You then drive up with the rest of their customers but it's only like 3-5 bucks for the ride....

yeah. i figured if/when i do it, i'll park my car at the end of where i want to go, and put my car top carrier on my g/f or someone elses car and go to the start. its a universal top and i think i can easily fit it in the kayak to carry it with me