"F" 5spd transmissions!

RC K9

First off, let me just say this is for a 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. There it is, ha ha, get the jokes out. Now down to business.

So I have been having an issue where my clutch isn't fully disengaging when I push it all the way in. I would barely have to lift it off the floor before it would catch. I adjusted the rod on the Master Cylinder out really far and it seemed to help the problem but it still wouldn't fully disengage. I would have the car level in 1st with the clutch all the way depressed and rev it up to 6K and the car would move. So last night James and I replaced the Master Cylinder, Slave Cylinder, and put on a stainless steel clutch line. We bled the system completely tightened everything up, and turned the car on. I couldn't get it to go into gear. So I back the master cylinder rod out as far as it can go and then I could get it into gear, but when I would rev up to 6K it would still move. The clutch is still not fully disengaging. Does anybody have any ideas whatsoever could cause this? I don't have any money so I can't take it to a shop to have them charge me to tell me whats wrong but I really have to figure this out. Pressure plate? Air somehow still in the system? Bad clutch pedal assembly? Any help you can offer would be more than appreciated. Thanks.

-Ryan

P.S. Never had issues with my other DSM that had an automatic transmission. Should have learned.

Yeah i think this is going to be your best bet. I put in 2 brand new clutches and both were bad so i had to drop mine 3 times in total, and you know what they say third time is a charm:thumbup:

How do two brand new clutches end up being bad?

Man, I have a lot of checking to do...clutch pedal assembly (which are notorious for getting worn on the 1g's), the fork, the actual clutch, etc. Never ending. If I drop the trans which i really don't want to do, i need to replace the throwout bearing as well. Crap

Hey man, IM not too far from you when ever you decide to drop the trans I can give u a hand

Appreciate the offer. I am still learning about these things and need all the freaking help I can get. I may just take you up on that offer.

I don't know. It could be 100 different things. The throw out bearing is bad too, I can hear it and it was brand new. The old guy I bought this off of has been working on these things for years and takes his time when putting this together. When I told him I think the throw out bearing is bad because of the sounds I have been hearing the last couple months he was baffled because it was new. I am going to try to get ahold of him tonight and talk to him about what all he did with the clutch and if it is new or lightly used. Shoot a new clutch setup is going to cost me more that what I have in both time and money ha ha. :cry:

it happens..also check the fork aswell. they can bend.

Yeah I don't know how it happened either both looked perfectly fine before install and the slave and master couldn't have been the problem because the clutch was fine before, but it wouldn't go into gear while the car was on. I put an ACT 2900 with a 6 puck disk and an OEM TOB and it shits beautifly. That's really the reason I believe it's the clutch. But I would also be interested in lending a hand. Just PM me when you decide.

Conrfimed last night witht the guy I bought the car from is has a used ACT 2100 pressure plate, new OEM Mitsubishi disk and throw out bearing, and the flywheel is just whatever was already on there.