FS: Factory Five Shelby Cobra Kit Car Chassis

Bam

done...what else do i need beside's the 86 donor car and the body...

Not much, a few minor things, factory five upper control arms (I think I have a pair, $20 if I do) the piece that attaches the mustang spindle to the factory five control arms (think I have them, $20 if I do), um ford pinto upper balljoints (I just got them from napa cheap) and few other minor things, but honestly not much. The rear end/bolting it in is 100% mustang, the steering rack, lower control arms, front spindles, etc is 100% mustang, there are just a couple little custom pieces that make it all work together. Other than that nada.

Fuck. I'll pick it up???

EDIT: Nevermind. Good luck, Rob. FFCobras work from an 87+ Fox-body donor...

Yeah, I'm not sure on the difference between the 86 and 87 cars suspension wise, but that's the only differences I can think of, I would think the engine/trans mounts would be the same, and most likely the rear end.

So if anything you might need 87+ front spindles to make it work with the Factory Five parts I have.

Oh, and you're obviously going to need a shortened driveshaft, but I mean c'mon you knew that. :)

Guest Removed
Fuck. I'll pick it up???

EDIT: Nevermind. Good luck, Rob. FFCobras work from an 87+ Fox-body donor...

the 86 works just fine ... just need other little pieces to make it work

built this one

(ok i have way to many pics in the photobucket to find the blue and white one that belong to a member here that i did some work on)

Guest Removed
Not much, a few minor things, factory five upper control arms (I think I have a pair, $20 if I do) the piece that attaches the mustang spindle to the factory five control arms (think I have them, $20 if I do), um ford pinto upper balljoints (I just got them from napa cheap) and few other minor things, but honestly not much. The rear end/bolting it in is 100% mustang, the steering rack, lower control arms, front spindles, etc is 100% mustang, there are just a couple little custom pieces that make it all work together. Other than that nada.

that what i thought...this will go great for danas birthday present..

just let me know what else you have that i could use...

hell i could just BB the bitch too :D(god i would love to have a top loader right about now :()

love you too dan...make you a package deal with a donor car...after i nab some body shit off of it

Alright Rob, just so we're clear, you want it for $125 delivered, and you want me to bring along whatever other related parts I can find and you can decide if you want them then, right?

When you want this delivered?

Rob, you're a good guy and I don't really hate you, but...

...for beating me to this by minutes, I hate you. :)

Good luck with this. I actually had to get up from bed just to post how I'm still pissed I missed out on this...:eek:

Guest Removed
Alright Rob, just so we're clear, you want it for $125 delivered, and you want me to bring along whatever other related parts I can find and you can decide if you want them then, right?

When you want this delivered?

check

check

(id like to know ahead of time on the extra parts tho, via pm would be nice) in case you find a ton of stuff

this weekend would be better for me. just do to the fact the shop is packed wall to wall at the moment

Guest Removed
Rob, you're a good guy and I don't really hate you, but...

...for beating me to this by minutes, I hate you. :)

Good luck with this. I actually had to get up from bed just to post how I'm still pissed I missed out on this...:eek:

seems your not the only one

FUCK are you serious. I officially hate rob

but push comes to shove, if she dont like it..i'll resell with the donor(since it has no title :mad:) but i think she might be fine.

beside's..i have been wanting to do one for a loooooooooooooooooooooong time now

check

check

(id like to know ahead of time on the extra parts tho, via pm would be nice) in case you find a ton of stuff

this weekend would be better for me. just do to the fact the shop is packed wall to wall at the moment

Will do, I'll scour the garage in the next couple days finding everything and anything leftover and shoot you a PM.

Honestly, unless it is doesn't work for you, Sunday afternoon works the best for me, even though it is Easter Sunday. LMK

that may work for me..i dont have the boy for this holiday :(

just have to check with the boss lady

Same for me, its not my year for Easter Sunday with my daughter. So alas, no big plans. I'll PM you in the next few days with what I find.

I figured you sold this thing a long time ago Matt. It was a steal when you advertised last time at $200.

So it sounds like Rob's big block Mustang completion date just got pushed back a little farther.... :) worth it to build a Cobra replica.

good luck with it

I have built 4 and owned 3 . So if you need to know anything let me know.

I should have acouple of manuals laying around if you need one.

The manuals are pretty much the same from Mark I - III .

I might still have some old parts laying around.