Fighting speeding tickets.

Guest tbutera2112
Gonna have to dig out the ol ticket shoebox. Might be fun to add up the seat belt tickets, tint tickets... :)

i hate those tickets...i had one columbus cop pull me over and write me a shit load of little dumb citations like that all on one ticket, and then when he got done he said he knows theyre all BS and that he wont show up to court....wouldnt ya know, he didnt actually show up....i think he just wanted to meet his quota for tickets written

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know 24 over is hauling. I was following someone but I know it doesn't make it right.

One ticket was from an accident that occured when I first started driving. First time in the snow and it happened to be the worst snow of the year, got a failure to control... shit happens when you're learning to drive.

Since I was caught by the plane, what cop is going to show to the court date? The ticket issuing officer or the guy in the plane?

EDIT: They got the guy I was following at 76, how there was the discrepancy is beyond me... How do the planes "Clock" you?

Literally, with a clock, a stopwatch, point a to point b.

Car and driver article on the Ohio highway patrols "bears in the air"

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/07q2/busted_from_cloud_nine-feature/tailgating_page_2

Guest tbutera2112

they last 2yrs on driving record and 3yrs for insurance

just looked up my record...holy fucking shit its CLEAN .....thats an odd feeling to have! i still have one thing on my insurance that falls off in june

and my suspension is still showing on my driving record, but its no points or anything since the actual ticket was more than 2yrs ago, the suspension just hadnt cleared yet since it was a year long lol

Does anyone know which officer is going to show to the court date?

The ticket issuing officer or the person in the plane?

If the guy in the plane doesn't show they can't prove anything.

I bet the ticketing officer will be there but that doesn't matter.

And how many of those people do you think just pay the ticket? Like the guy that I was following said he was doing.

And it does matter. I have the right to face my accuser in court, which means they will have to schedule another court date.

It is your right but it is not going to make a difference in the case. You still went 24 over whether he is there or not.

If I plead not guilty, am I pleading not guilty to the speeding offense or not guilty to doing xx amount over the posted speed limit?

You were clocked and sited. You're going to need to prove you weren't speeding. They will be there with proof. It's up to you to find a reason for them not to just send it to court and take up the time to charge you as accused and add in court costs. THat's why you lawyer up. The prosecutor has no reason to discuss it with you as a 19yr old. They'll just set a court date. Get a lawyer and let them do what they are paid to do if you want to fight it. Otherwise, you'll likely just get a court date issued and lose.

this ^

i got 26 over and didnt get reckless either...i dont think they really enforce that too much...and i was in new albany

Shoot, I have gotten two wreckless ops. Back when they were 4 points. One I got based on heresay, the cop and no law enforecement witnessed anything. I got it based on a witness statement in new albany. Officer Bret Hall. In fact, he had me come down to the station the next day and then gave me a street racing ticket and said he made a note they would not accept anything less than wreckless op. Long story short I fought it for 9 months then ran out of money for the lawyer and just took a wreckless op and had to take an 8hr class. When I left the NA police station he said something gay like, "remember, the eyes are always on you." Whatever. What a creep. Point is, cops/the law can do whatever they want and the younger you are, and the less money you have to fight it, the less you can do about being taken advantage of. Sorry I don't have any good news for you but time to understand you are going to be bent over and given the long you know what of the law.

What does my age have to do with anything when it comes to speaking with a prosecutor?

because they are human and will see a young kid with a history and now a 24mph over the limit ticket trying to "work" the system. if you don't think there's a difference with an attorney, a peer to the prosecutor who hopefully if you select a good one, has respect, then it would be like me at age 40 and two kids trying to hang with you at school while trying to be cool while acting 19. :o

Also, does the guy flying the plane spot me with his naked eye or do they use a camera? Is he the only person operating the plane at the time, or does one person fly it and another runs the stop watches? Do they have multiple stop watches?

All good questions, but if you have to ask, then add them to the reasons why you shouldn't defend yourself.

Defense attorneys have to learn that at some point in time, I'm trying to find out as well. Anyone have the info to those questions?

and I'm not skating the questions, I'm just trying to point out the details. typically, they learn them while working their way through life. my wife started by working in the prosecutors office as do many who deal with this type of law. this isn't the place to begin on the job training, unless you're prepared to pay the fines that go with it. even lawyers don't often represent themselves.

Dress up for the occasion? I was planning on it, but if it's not entirely necessary I don't want to get my nice clothes off the hangers.

Dressing up always increases your chances. First impression.

Secondly higher a lawyer, i mean if it comes down to losing a job or not losing a job are you really going to risk it?