Auto Additions.

cliffs at bottom. i will try and make this short, as the long version would take me an hour to type and you two hours to read. here is my side of the story from this thread...

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77140

Girl unit buys Audiovox tv/dvd from Auto Additions and has them do the install. Unit has dvd sticking issues starting 6 months ago, she swings by, "tech" temporarily fixes issue. Two weeks pass, same issue. Once again she stops by the shop. The same person helps her, this time however he understands it is an ongoing problem and offers to do the following work.

1) remove broken unit.

2) send said broken unit to audiovox for free "warranty repair/replacement"

3) re-install/test unit once it arrives

"Tech" that helped her told her all of this would be provided free of charge to her, due to the fact the unit is within the 3 year warranty. He explains it doesnt matter if it is a week old, or 155 weeks old, it is covered. He does mention it might be 10-14 business days before the unit arrives back from Audiovox. She agrees to the repair, and lets them remove the unit, took about an hour to remove, while she waited. 5 weeks go by, and she asks me if Auto Additions has called, my reply..."ummm, nope". She calls the next day, and here is the response she gets. "For $300 cash we can have Audiovox repair your unit, it is indeed broken." She lets the person she is talking to know that the quote was for a full free repair/replacement. Response is, "Hummm...yeah im seeing $300 cash to get that done for you." She doesnt know what to say, so she says, "im not paying that, have them send it back broken, please call me when you get it in." 5 more weeks go by, no call from Auto Additions, finally i ask her about it, she says she hasnt heard anything. Here is when i get involved.

i got off work at 4pm, they are open until 5pm, i got to their doorstep at 430pm. front door is locked, however i see people inside talking. I knock, no answer. I head to the side door and it is half open, so i enter, of course i get the expected "WTF is this guys problem" look. The two people inside continue their conversation until i kindly ask if they are still open. They both respond "sure". I let them know i need to pick up the broken unit, and i need someone to explain what is going on. The guy takes my name grabs the broken unit and gives it to me, then tells me that $300 cash would of fixed it. Once i tell him what happened he gives me a story about how the guy that my fiance had been dealing with was fired during my mess, and they could still get it fixed it for $300. we had a couple words about this, i had to leave.

Here is my take on the issue.

1) A represenitive of Auto Additions quoted a customer a price to have work done. not my problem he doesnt work there anymore, and or if he quoted wrong information.

2) during 10 weeks nobody ever contacted us to try and resolve this issue.

3) nobody ever said sorry, not once.

4) nobody ever offered to remedy the gapping hole in the headliner of her van.

5) the shop all around treated her/me like crap.

i understand that people are human, we all make mistakes, but if you own a business, you need to handle the problem caused by your employees. if offered I would of worked with them on the price of the repair, and or i would of looked into buying a new unit from them, however, nothing was ever offered. I mean these guys basically starred at me and waited for me to leave when i went to pick this thing up.

tom

cliffs: girl buys tv for van, auto additions installs it, then removes it for quoted free warranty work, figures out it will cost them, they never call us to tell us, we call them, they tell us, we dont want it fixed for $300, so they have is shipped back, never call us, i pick it up in a good mood, almost go crazy on two shit bags, leave with broken unit, have bad dreams every night since...emo

Edited by Stallion Motorsports
i cant spell when i am mad.

Guest Removed

been there done that...lol

at the dealer i was at, we starting buying our own units, and doing our own installs.

that way the dealership could warranty it...

sorry to hear about this man

been there done that...lol

at the dealer i was at, we starting buying our own units, and doing our own installs.

that way the dealership could warranty it...

sorry to hear about this man

i knew you would understand. the hardest part was i also had to explain that they werent trying to take advantage of her because she is a female. that is a tough speech to give, i do see her side though.

side note, is there money to be made on that 02 mountaineer fs on here? if we get it for 500 i would say yes, anymore, i would say nope. 500+tax for the truck, 1600-2000+tax for the motor, 50+tax to tow it to your place, whatever labor amount you need to swap it out, brakes, tires, a bath we have 3200-3600 in it, sells for 3900-4100 in the winter. i need more profit margin to make that happen i think.

tom

Guest Removed

dude... they wouldnt warranty anythiing for us.(Auto Additions).and we sold alot of there stuff. we ended up doing a buy in with who they buy from, and just did our own installs. first few sucked ass, but after a while it was cake...warranty was always taking care of for us, cause we sold so much in alarms, remote start and dvd players.

only thing that sucked, if when they changed some of the dvd players up on us. but they always upgraded the unit to a better model...just sucked the older one was way easier to install, then the newer ones. and we had to change out a few head liners at times..but the customer was takin care of.

mountaineer = exploder for a reason... if the motor is blown..what else could be wrong? and those trucks arent selling like hot cakes! and flipping cars like that, not the greatest idea if you have to pay people to do the work ;)