Ls1 tuning question

sprayin77

I was just wondering if I put a 3800 stall in my camaro and had my trans rebuilt with shift kit do I need to have my car retuned? Ever since I did this to my car it runs like crap. I have done a tune up with tr6 plugs gapped at .32 for spray and it ran horrible. So then I just did another tune up with tr6 plugs gapped at .42 it runs a little better but still isn't running to good and idles sporadically. So question is should I have it retuned?

It runs like I have a enormous cam in the car at idle and while driving. It clears up then comes back. It's like it has a bad miss in it but isn't throwing any codes. I'm just wondering if the tune is still good or if it's something more like coils going bad, fuel pump going out, o2 sensors, I'm just trying to get this taken care of before track day.

The only thing that usually happens when you do work to the trans/converter is that your shift pressure tables need to be returned to stock after a shift kit and only varied in very small amounts, the shift points at WOT may need to be adjusted due to the stall slowing the shift down, and just a few small tweeks to shift points if neccesary.

This really should have no effect on how the engine runs, if that fact wasn't obvious.