Carpenter Ants

Drewhop

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/02/photogalleries/australia-fires/images/primary/090209-01-australia-fire_big.jpg

Great suggestion I am thinking something along the lines of boric acid mixed with sugar and water. Should be boring but effective.

On a serious note...:)

I found a couple of mounds in my front and back yards this past week, and there is a crack in the stucco where they are getting into the house (ruh roh). I got Spectricide Triazicide granules for $8 (bag looks like lawn fertilizer)...scattered it around yesterday after work and got the mounds wet. Went out last night and the ants looked really pissed and dying. A lot of dead ants this morning.

Seems to work well. Hell, I'd let you have some of my bag. It's not too convenient to scatter-and-water...especially around the stucco. I would recommend getting the liquid spray version...

I found a ground bee hive next to my daughter's Swing set. I called someone to come relocate them, they told me if they are in the ground they don't care about those bees, and to kill them. So what do I get to kill them all without destroying my grass there?

I found a ground bee hive next to my daughter's Swing set. I called someone to come relocate them, they told me if they are in the ground they don't care about those bees, and to kill them. So what do I get to kill them all without destroying my grass there?

Liquid or powder nersion of Seven. It contains carbarill (sp). Which is toxic to bees. I like a funnel with powder as the get it on their bodies and carry it deep into the hive. Takes about 1-2 days to wipe out all of them. Works great.

On a serious note...:)

I found a couple of mounds in my front and back yards this past week, and there is a crack in the stucco where they are getting into the house (ruh roh). I got Spectricide Triazicide granules for $8 (bag looks like lawn fertilizer)...scattered it around yesterday after work and got the mounds wet. Went out last night and the ants looked really pissed and dying. A lot of dead ants this morning.

Seems to work well. Hell, I'd let you have some of my bag. It's not too convenient to scatter-and-water...especially around the stucco. I would recommend getting the liquid spray version...

Sure they weren't field ants? Thy are smaller and tend to live very deep in the ground. If they are you will likely see a reoccurance of them as the larva deep down mature. With these you need a bait they carry inside and also leave for the larva to get.

I found a ground bee hive next to my daughter's Swing set. I called someone to come relocate them, they told me if they are in the ground they don't care about those bees, and to kill them.

Interesting. I thought bees are on their way to becoming endangered and that will lead to the end of the world? or something