For those who dissagree with spanking/paddling.

CRed05

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/15/AR2010041505964.html?g=0

Since paddling was brought back to the city's 14 schools by a unanimous board vote in May, behavior at Temple's single high school has changed dramatically, Wright said, even though only one student in the school system has been paddled.

"The discipline problem is much better than it's been in years," Wright said, something he attributed to the new punishment and to other discipline programs schools are trying. Residents of the city's comfortable homes, most of which sport neighborly, worn chairs out front, praise the change.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my child deserves it, then any teacher or principal can do it. Hell I can still remember when I was in middle school, there were rules saying the parents could sign off on it as a form of punishment the school could use on your child. It has very strick guidelines of what kind of paddle could be used and whitnesses. I can even remember hearing the crys from kids when they had to be paddled echoing down the hallways. Sometimes I don't miss Utica.

I can even remember hearing the crys from kids when they had to be paddled echoing down the hallways.

The hell? Paddling was around when I was in school from 1st-10th grade, which is when I moved to Ohio. And I've never seen a kid cry once when getting paddled in school. It ranged by age too. So if you were younger, like 1st-5th grade, maybe you would just get hit with a ruler on the hand or something. Then after that you get hit on the ass. Girls also never got hit, maybe with a ruler on the hand, but that's it.

im for it...my dad made my mom a paddle when we were kids...out of 1x6 IIRC, about 18" long, 5" high oval, with a nice handle coming off the end, and in big black letters it said "board of education"

it worked.

Right on. My parents made it clear to all of us that if we got in toruble at school, we would get it at home too. Needless to say, we didn't get in too much trouble ha ha.

Here are some things to think about:

-Most kids that require this sort of discipline do not get it at home.

-A majorty of these kids also have zero respect for authority figures

-Both of these can tie in with parrents who make excuses for their kids, blame others, or just don't care.

Asshole kids usually have asshole parrents.

When I used to play football a coach could get physical with a kid. In today's world if you touch a kid's facemask you will be on the 11pm news as abuseive.

We are raising generations of weak, fat, and lazy kids but nobody seems to care.

Dave and jimmy had a guy on today that was talking about kids etc and he said a kid never touched a hot furnas twice.. I had to laugh at that. He said that kid will walk by with people for the next twenty years of his life knowing that that furnas is hot dont fucking touch it..

I also agree that I dont feel unless the parent is present that others should be able to hit kids...

My fiance is a teacher in early childhood education. She has a spoiled little brat in her class and when I visit the kid acts like a little bastard. Unfortunately all my fiance can do is threaten to take her here or set her in time out there - it doesn't work. I swear that if she were allowed to spank her she would actually fear those consequences and quit being so annoying.

You speak the truth! Nothing wrong with a crack here and there.

Some parents do take it too far and beat the living shit out of their kids and have tons of marks on them. That is not cool....

Here are some things to think about:

-Most kids that require this sort of discipline do not get it at home.

-A majorty of these kids also have zero respect for authority figures

-Both of these can tie in with parrents who make excuses for their kids, blame others, or just don't care.

Asshole kids usually have asshole parrents.

When I used to play football a coach could get physical with a kid. In today's world if you touch a kid's facemask you will be on the 11pm news as abuseive.

We are raising generations of weak, fat, and lazy kids but nobody seems to care.

Where do you draw a line between what the parent thinks is acting out and the teacher? I wasn't much of a trouble maker in school but I sure as hell would speak my mind to any teacher. I've made teachers jaws drop with some of the remarks that I've mad but they were wrong in what they were saying, so I spoke out about it.

My mom raised me just fine and MAYBE had to give me a spanking twice my whole life.

Where do you draw a line between what the parent thinks is acting out and the teacher? I wasn't much of a trouble maker in school but I sure as hell would speak my mind to any teacher. I've made teachers jaws drop with some of the remarks that I've mad but they were wrong in what they were saying, so I spoke out about it.

My mom raised me just fine and MAYBE had to give me a spanking twice my whole life.

anyone who's title is glass connosieur has room for improvment :)

anyone who's title is glass connosieur has room for improvment :)

Another stereo-type you and many others have when you first see me/ look at some of my info. My glass is art that would blow your mind if you saw some of it in person. I don't have a bunch of shit you would find anywhere but a very select few places in Ohio, and they don't even have anything that I find interesting. It's truly a piece of art that I rarely use. Most of it's made for the visual liking and not function, but the fact that it is what it is and is functional is why I have drawn an interest to it.

You don't know my habits and if you did you would be rather surprised in how often I indulge in the recreational activity you think I do.

EDIT: I could put a number of things I own on my kitchen table and you would have no idea what it's true purpose was.