out of state title transfer..help?

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112
Someone is coming in from michigan to buy my car. In michigan they do not require a signature from a notary to transfer titles. Can I just sign the title over to the guy without a notary since it is not required in Michigan? Or does it need to be notarized since it is required here in Ohio where the car is currently titled?

Guest tbutera2112
do i have to have the price notarized? he doesnt wanna commit to a price until he sees it...but i hope he doesnt plan to drive 400 miles to lowball me, because he will be going home without a car

do i have to have the price notarized? he doesnt wanna commit to a price until he sees it...but i hope he doesnt plan to drive 400 miles to lowball me, because he will be going home without a car

No, your signature. But, don't have it signed out of your name until you have a for-sure buyer (in which case, you would know the price).

Someone is coming in from michigan to buy my car. In michigan they do not require a signature from a notary to transfer titles. Can I just sign the title over to the guy without a notary since it is not required in Michigan? Or does it need to be notarized since it is required here in Ohio where the car is currently titled?

I have done this several times with MI, it is not required at all. I would do it, though because it is not going to hurt anything. The notary at your bank is free.