More Toyota Recalls.

3.1cutlass

I have a 98 Sienna just had my spare down last year.No problem,lubed it up and back underneath the vehicle.I remember when we had a 1996 Town & Country Van and got a recall notice about once a month.It had everything from a recalled front sway bar (that broke in half!) to a fuel tank that leaked a half a tank of gas out from Crown Chrysler to West Jefferson.I got recall notices for 1 year AFTER I got rid of the van.My wife would drive my 1990 4Runner with 190k on it and wouldn't drive the 30k Chrysler cause it left her stranded with other issues.I glad the Media doesn't put every recall for other cars on News or we'd fill up the hour long newscast.Oh yea,better not drive these anymore. http://blog.pricewheels.com/2010/04/06/nhtsa-investigating-reports-of-brake-line-failure-on-gm-trucks-recall-could-cover-6-2-million-vehicles/ Oh wait GM is ignoring it,no headlines?

Saw this issue yesterday on CNN. Toyota is putting the recall out to the public, and getting it taken care of. Good for them. Its one less lawsuit they will have to worry about. Because we all know there's that Jack out there, that will sue them over it.

Like already stated, every vehicle has recalls. It part of the game.

Yup, but with Toyota being under the spotlight this will seem like a huge deal to dumb people. I mean, a spare tire holder with a small chance of corroding from salt? Seems dumb to me, but yeah there could be that one certain instance..

Exactly, one more reason for a soccer mom to trade in her Toyotas.

Seeing things, on the other end, its pretty amazing what you can buy Toyotas and Hondas at, from the auction right now. And GM and Ford are way up.

The cable thing is pretty much universal for minis and trucks from all the manufacturers. Having the spare hanging there catching all the road grime and salt and water spray is pretty much a guarantee that corrosion is going to get at the wheel and the attachment to the frame.