rear end set up

Ryan218

i really dont feel like messing mine up so id rather pay someone who knows what their doing to do it.

i can either pull the center sections out of the car and bring the center section to you or i can trailer the whole car to you. it can not be driven though. even rolling the car makes the rear end bind.

its aa 99 cobra so its a IRS.

still have 28 spline axles. i can either bring the parts to you to install if you let me know what all i need to get. at the moment i just have a ring and pinion for it. i can go and grab a new differential from jegs and a install kit and such or if your able to get a better deal on that part then what jegs wants for it ill just bring ya the ring a pinion.

and btw Jegs on west broad is closing down :(

trying to have the car back on the road by this weekend.

thanks.

i wish i knew for sure if i had to have the housing spreader for this.

you will need a bearing shim kit.

It's just like doing an exploder, I've put gears in a lot of them without a spreader. It takes less pinion preload and more side bearing predload.

Guest Removed
It's just like doing an exploder, I've put gears in a lot of them without a spreader. It takes less pinion preload and more side bearing predload.

thats what i was wondering..but wasnt sure(i havent done a irs center since college) and couldnt remember which way. i thought it could be done, you just had to add more, and less..but couldnt remember which way to go with it.

ryan, drop it all off, with a complete install kit from jegs too!

thats what i was wondering..but wasnt sure(i havent done a irs center since college) and couldnt remember which way. i thought it could be done, you just had to add more, and less..but couldnt remember which way to go with it.

just bringing you the center section alright?

The IRS doesnt matter, but since the center section is Aluminum it will expand more and requires different cold pre-loading.