Schiets Motorsports - Freemont, Oh

ScrappyGrl

I wanted to let everyone know of this gem of a bike shop hiding in Northern Ohio. It is a family owned business that has been around for many years. (It is not small by any means!) I have now bought two bikes from this dealership even though I am over 2 hours away from it!

As you know, I have had a few horrible bike shop experiences. I am not usually one that is easy to please and I completely believe that customer service is number one!

If you are looking for a bike or need anything done on your bike, a trip to this dealership is worth the trip. Since they are in the middle of nowhere, customer service always brings people back. They are also very fair on the prices of their bikes and have a wide range of used bikes on hand (as well as new bikes.)

In August I bought my Ninja 250 from them. I worked with Dan (I would highly recommend working with him!) and was able to negotiate a fair price. He even went so far as to throw in two free t-shirts! (I am all about the free stuff!) Dan and the owner, a funny older guy, even helped us strap down the bike on the trailer.

I called Schiets when I saw the SV650. Dan was the one that answered the phone. Even after over 6 months, Dan knew who I was and was able to remember all about my August experience! (Who remembers that?) Last weekend, I drove out to buy my SV650. Again, I worked with Dan. He was able to drop the price of my bike, give me a huge discount on a Chatterbox, and threw in a free t-shirt for LPSanders and me! He even went over everything that I needed to know about my new bike. The only problem I had was that the bank was closed and I couldn't get my loan that day. Dan was willing to throw in a magnetic tank bag, because I need to drive back up to pick up my bike two weeks later! While they have the bike, they are going to lower it as well. It'll be ready to ride when I get there. (I also want to compliment the finance guy. I wish I could remember his name. Instead of just talking numbers, he truly wanted to learn more about us! That's a first in my book!)

This gets me to their bike shop. I have never met more personable people in my life. LPSanders and I got to meet all the people who work on the bikes. One guy was originally from Columbus and had been with Schiets for over 20 years! Most of the people who work on the bikes have been there for years! That goes to show that they treat their employees well and in turn their employees treat the customers well! The shop guy put it right when he said "...the way we treat our customers, brings them back." They are not there just for a paycheck! We are actually going to trailer up LP's bike when I go to pick up my bike, so that she can get her bike ready for spring.

This place is absolutely amazing! I have never been to a more customer friendly dealership. I know that it's far from most of you, but I truly believe that you can't get better customer service! Take a chance, drive out and check them out!

http://schietsmotorsports.com/Default.asp

Tell Dan I sent you! :trophy:

Edited by ScrappyGrl

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heart your new bike! I still want to steal you're Power Commander when you're not looking. I also love Schiets. I just wish they were closer, because so many of the bike shops around Columbus are full of jerks. Schiets is the only place I'll look to buy my next bike...whenever that'll be. Thanks Dan!

Is Cy still in parts up there?

yes he is, as well am I.

I started at Schiets in March of 08.

I live 13 miles north in Oak Harbor and have always dealt with them. Customer Service is ALWAYS number one at this dealership. The bike prices, etc... on the site might not look to be the best. but they are ALWAYS willing to negotiate!!

And you picked the right salesperson!! Dan is the Man!!! by far the best salesman there!! my family has been going to schiets for over 20 yrs. Glad to hear everything went very well!!!!

That SV650 was a STEAL!!! i wish i wouldve known it was that price, i prolly wouldve picked it up. For having the Fender Eliminator, Slip-On, Side Fairings, etc... that was a hell of a deal!!!

My name is Greg and i work in Parts with Cy and Jessica!!!

Stop in sometime people!!!!!

Dont forget, order parts online from our website and save 10%.

www.schietsmotorsports.com

and i am VERY slowly working on building up the Schiets Myspace

www.myspace.com/schietsmotorsports

Send me a PM if you guys wanna plan a ride up here. Schiets is ALWAYS willing to have something set-up, whether its food and drink for yah, or more, if you guys wanna have a group ride up here!!! If you cant get ahold of me, call Schiets and 419-332-9902 and ask for D.A. (its the owners son and sales manager) and let him know. tell him i know you guys!!

Just some info, the owner Darl Schiets, has been riding for too many years, lol. He has a Vmax and bought a new one everytime they have redone them. And yes, he did buy a Brand New 09. It is INSANE!! hes a crazy old man. hes like 70 i believe. still acts like hes 25 doing wheelies and flyin on his Vmax's.

Edited by ICEMAN

yes he is, as well am I.

I started at Schiets in March of 08.

I live 13 miles north in Oak Harbor and have always dealt with them. Customer Service is ALWAYS number one at this dealership. The bike prices, etc... on the site might not look to be the best. but they are ALWAYS willing to negotiate!!

And you picked the right salesperson!! Dan is the Man!!! by far the best salesman there!! my family has been going to schiets for over 20 yrs. Glad to hear everything went very well!!!!

That SV650 was a STEAL!!! i wish i wouldve known it was that price, i prolly wouldve picked it up. For having the Fender Eliminator, Slip-On, Side Fairings, etc... that was a hell of a deal!!!

My name is Greg and i work in Parts with Cy and Jessica!!!

Stop in sometime people!!!!!

Dont forget, order parts online from our website and save 10%.

www.schietsmotorsports.com

and i am VERY slowly working on building up the Schiets Myspace

www.myspace.com/schietsmotorsports

Send me a PM if you guys wanna plan a ride up here. Schiets is ALWAYS willing to have something set-up, whether its food and drink for yah, or more, if you guys wanna have a group ride up here!!! If you cant get ahold of me, call Schiets and 419-332-9902 and ask for D.A. (its the owners son and sales manager) and let him know. tell him i know you guys!!

Just some info, the owner Darl Schiets, has been riding for too many years, lol. He has a Vmax and bought a new one everytime they have redone them. And yes, he did buy a Brand New 09. It is INSANE!! hes a crazy old man. hes like 70 i believe. still acts like hes 25 doing wheelies and flyin on his Vmax's.

What up Iceman.

I absolutely loved the owner! Yes, he is a crazy and cute old man :) If you get the chance to meet him, it makes the experience even better! I'm hoping he will be there when I come up next weekend to pick up my bike :) You need to get Dan on here too!

Ill make sure i let everyone know about this thread!!!! thanks again!!

What up Iceman.

hey whats up dude!! you havent been in in a while!!