270 Going west to dublin

87GT

You know the area I am talking about. Everyone says not to speed but I usually do just smart about it. Past 2 days between sawmill and tuttle around the curves were a few dublin and highway patrol cars. This whole year my detector has not went off at all on my trip to work. Yesterday twice I got hit with LIDAR. Today once I got hit with LIDAR.

Keep your eyes open.

thanks for the heads up. on wednesday there was a statie on the wall side of 71 northbound between 270 and polaris pkwy. i was ripping down through there at 80 as i never see them there. lidar went off and slammed on my brakes in time to not get a ticket. whew. careful out there guys, theyre out in full force

or just not speed to a point where youre going to get pulled over. i find that ~75 on the freeway gets me to where i want to go fast enough, and i can get to 71-72 quick enough if i see police. doing 85 vs 75 will get you to your destination like 6-7 min faster over a 60 mile drive...not worth the $80-100 ticket to get there a few minutes sooner.

or just not speed to a point where youre going to get pulled over. i find that ~75 on the freeway gets me to where i want to go fast enough, and i can get to 71-72 quick enough if i see police. doing 85 vs 75 will get you to your destination like 6-7 min faster over a 60 mile drive...not worth the $80-100 ticket to get there a few minutes sooner.

its a psychological thing.

You know the area I am talking about. Everyone says not to speed but I usually do just smart about it. Past 2 days between sawmill and tuttle around the curves were a few dublin and highway patrol cars. This whole year my detector has not went off at all on my trip to work. Yesterday twice I got hit with LIDAR. Today once I got hit with LIDAR. Keep your eyes open.

I drive that route every day now. Key is to watch for brake lights...every single time, you'll see traffic light up as they come up on them unsuspectingly. Usually the best way to spot them when they are hiding around the curve right where 33 East/West is at. They try and be sneaky, but it never fails......cars up front nail the brakes for what would appear to be no reason...better than my V1 which I retired years ago.

The other key is as you enter 270W from Sawmill is to look for their cruiser or even the motorcycles....you can spot them if you know where to look...right on the bridges where the breaks in the abutments happen. 9/10 times you'll see the cop but not their cruiser or bike....but their helmets are easy to spot.

Position yourself behind lead cars too. I usually book along at 72-75mph with spurts much higher, but whenever I jump up to move ahead, I make sure I'm able to duck behind someone fairly quickly. Odd, but sometimes it means speeding up to their blindspot or along side out of a direct line of sight from the cop. Can't clock what they can't line up in their sights. I love blasting up along the right side of a semi and whipping right past a cop in the berm (usually 270 / Easton) is where that happens

Today I was in Detroit. Not one cop the or OSP the whole way there or back though. Very nice75-80mph the whole way! :bangbang: 29.7mpg too!

If you see an officer drive faster. If you slow down it'll only make you look guilty.

I was on 23 South towards Circleville the other night...past a Sheriff at 60mph in a 50mph zone. He gave me a look but didn't pull his big ass SUV out so I figured I got lucky. Was yacking on the phone and saw him late. Not more than 5 minutes later a South Bloomfield cop was in the median. Same 60mph in either a 50 or 55mph zone....I have no clue....was still talking away :o

I think they are looking for someone hauling ass vs my sorry little 10mph pushing of the limit as I stay steady in the right lane by myself. I didn't brake in either case. I just hit cancel on the cruise as I'm sure they clocked me way sooner.

I drive that route every day now. Key is to watch for brake lights...every single time, you'll see traffic light up as they come up on them unsuspectingly.

The brake lights are the best indicator. Suprisingly though, I work in Gahanna off of Morrison and that is a huge speed trap. Minimum of 2-3 a day pulled over. Nobody gets it over there.

I think where the dividers over by Dublin overlap each other is their favorite spot.

Nobody gets it over there.

Or the folks getting pulled over are from out-of-town. Sorta like how *EVERYBODY* in Cleveland knows about the Linndale trap on I-71, yet those guys never have to wait long before finding some idjit to pull over.

• 2 weeks later...
Bump. They were there again tagging with laser. I got hit with laser and was speeding. Some how after I passed they pointed to the SUV behind me and he pulled over. I swear they were going to give me the ticket. Lucked out yet again.

The brake lights are the best indicator. Suprisingly though, I work in Gahanna off of Morrison and that is a huge speed trap. Minimum of 2-3 a day pulled over. Nobody gets it over there.

I think where the dividers over by Dublin overlap each other is their favorite spot.

Because it's fucking 25mph where it would be 35, or even 45mph any where else... I hate Morrison.

• Casper unlocked this topic