Vibration in 1st Gear

05SC-GT

Guest Removed
is ti only doing it like you try to let the clutch out slow, with hardly any throttle, and it chutter's some?( it only doing it in first gear, is what makes me think this)

Gearhead,

Not doing it in any other gear....yeah, I let it out slow....and the ass starts to shake...only for a second or less...then it runs fine. Thanks

If it was a broken motor mount, would I be feeling it from the end?

Gearhead,

Not doing it in any other gear....yeah, I let it out slow....and the ass starts to shake...only for a second or less...then it runs fine. Thanks

If it was a broken motor mount, would I be feeling it from the end?[/QUOTe]

didnt realise it was comming from the rear of the vehicle.

Guest Removed
Gearhead,

If it was a broken motor mount, would I be feeling it from the end?

could have hurt a bushing in the rear..the upper is only one arm in these.

it could be drive shaft. but if the clutch is chattering, it could make the rear feel that way., could be a hot spot in the flywheel, causing it to jerk the drive shaft and rear end around like that.

and let me guess, it dont do it when you dump the clutch?

well, I didn't try dumping the clutch....kinda nervous. In your opinion, is there a way to check any of these w/o taking it to a shop?

Just have someone ride in the car that knows what the chatter/shutter feels like and see what they think. Or find someone willing to look at the bushings for you.