BMW Guys: Badge replacement?

El Karacho1647545492

Story: Dad's birthday is coming up and some ignorant-ass crackhead recently stole the roundel off the hood of his '95 E36 M3. I'm going to order him a new one because he'll never do it himself, and I'm thinking about getting him the vintage BMW Motorsport emblem instead of the traditional roundel. The question is, is this retarded? Or is it classy and unique?

http://w6rec.com/duane/bmw/emblem/emblem13.JPG

http://www.sjbmw.com/_images/parts/156_part.jpg

I'm a huge fan. It took me a minute to realize the outside stripes are the M colors.

And his car is arctic silver metallic. I was considering if the white would be ugly, or if it would just slightly stand out enough in the periphery to draw attention to it.

aesthetically I like the modern badge, but that one has some cool heritage.

:(

This. Though, for me, aesthetics win in this case. I think the other just doesn't fit with the image his car has. When I think of his model, I think euro performance and design. When I see the old badge, I think old, boxy, and outdated. I do respect the heritage though. :cool:

Strangely, I replaced one on my 5 series on my trunk and one on my wife's X5 on the hood on Thursday.

This. Though, for me, aesthetics win in this case. I think the other just doesn't fit with the image his car has. When I think of his model, I think euro performance and design. When I see the old badge, I think old, boxy, and outdated. I do respect the heritage though. :cool:

Strangely, I replaced one on my 5 series on my trunk and one on my wife's X5 on the hood on Thursday.

also stolen?

Fuckin morons.

I think I'm going to get him a pair of these. I figure he'll probably be one of the only guys in the world with an OBDI M3 and this badging.

also stolen?

Fuckin morons.

I think I'm going to get him a pair of these. I figure he'll probably be one of the only guys in the world with an OBDI M3 and this badging.

Mine was stolen...hers started peeling a little. Too many drive through car washes. :rolleyes:

I say go for it. You know his taste alot better then we do, so if you think he will think it's cool - he probably will - especially since you said he probably wouldn't order one himself.

It will be unique for sure. Post up some pics when you get it on. :cool: