Leaving to switch to AT&T from Verizon in a few minutes, give me a reason not to

Nitrousbird

I've noticed not perceivable difference, and I was a Verizon nut swinger (better customer service, better coverage). I've not noticed any difference in coverage for where I use my phone 99.9% of the time and I've never had to use their customer service. I just got sick and tired of them having rumors of releasing a phone that would be worth a shit (switched over when the iPhone 3gs came out).

Having said that, it leaves me to say that the deciding factor is which phone you want. The choice was clear for me at the time, maybe not so much now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sprint! Best phone in america come this summer. HTC EVO and google nexus one too. Plus, i have 4 people on my plan and only pay 150 a month for unlimited EVERYTHING!

I got the iPhone.

So far, we have traveled around through Dublin, Hilliard, and Powell, with good 3G service. Web browsing has been plenty fast.

I am really liking this phone so far. I honestly just need decent coverage around town, which is what I think I will get.

AT&T guy also offered us $100 in accessories (we weren't going to buy any, as they are a rip off at the store), and said he would credit out bill $100. Seemed like a no-brainer to me; both got Otterboxes, a car charger, and anti-glare screen protectors.

I switched from ATT to verizon just this year, im willing to pay a bit more not always ending calls or not being able to get on the internet. My verizon air card also is so much better then anything ATT had to offer. When traveling I could not get signal across most parts of new mexico, arizona, parts of california I was in and many places in ohio, kentucky, TN, GA it sucked . Never had any issues with customer services from ATT , they both seem to be the same in my opinion.

Sprint! Best phone in america come this summer. HTC EVO and google nexus one too. Plus, i have 4 people on my plan and only pay 150 a month for unlimited EVERYTHING!

http://www.tehgladiators.com/images/eds-short-bus.jpg

Laugh all you want, My non-discounted bill is lower than any other company. with more minutes, unlimited data, and free calls to/from ANY CARRIER. oh, and by the way.

SPRINT HAS THE SAME COVERAGE AS VERIZON!

(we get free voice roaming on Verizon's towers) :p

the EVO is coming!

Laugh all you want, My non-discounted bill is lower than any other company. with more minutes, unlimited data, and free calls to/from ANY CARRIER. oh, and by the way.

the EVO is coming!

EVO is sik! Cant wait!

!

No, Sprint doesn't have the same coverage.

My work has Sprint...I've had them for about 7 years. I've had an old i350 and 500, Treo 600, 650, 700, Centro, one or two HTC phones, and now my Treo Pro.

One thing is consistant...Sprints service has sucked ON ALL OF THOSE PHONES. All of my coworkers have had similar experiences. Calls dropping, not coming through, we use a lot of data and all sorts of data issues. Voice mail popping up a couple days later; all sorts of fun stuff.

I will say the coverage is a lot better than it was 5 years ago. But there are still times when I could have my hunk of shit Verizon phone next to my Sprint phone, and have service on the Verizon and nothing on the Sprint phone. PLEASE explain how that is the same coverage.

I don't care how fancy the phones are, the discount we get (wife gets an even bigger discount through Sprint), or how cheap the rate is...I will never use Sprint for my personal services. It is garbage.

If you really think that, you know nothing about phone service, and are ejected from this thread.

In Columbus, you aren't going to notice a difference between AT&T and Verizon, its only when you get out in the middle of nowhere that it starts to get sketchy, and only in really remote areas. CDMA also tends to penetrate obstructions better than GSM.

I also saw a news story the other day of how much AT&T's service has improved over the past 2 years, mainly due to the iPhone traffic. People complaining about the poor service are just talking out of their ass.

If you really think that, you know nothing about phone service, and are ejected from this thread.

In Columbus, you aren't going to notice a difference between AT&T and Verizon, its only when you get out in the middle of nowhere that it starts to get sketchy, and only in really remote areas. CDMA also tends to penetrate obstructions better than GSM.

I also saw a news story the other day of how much AT&T's service has improved over the past 2 years, mainly due to the iPhone traffic. People complaining about the poor service are just talking out of their ass.

You sir are an idiot. I have had not one problem with dropped calls EXCEPT when i was in the mountains of Pa. But i always lost coverage with my iphone there. And ATT didnt improve their network at all. It still blows and will continue too.

the EVO is coming!

Read up on Sprint and how far they are going to make sure they dont go out of business. Start with a search on Sprint towers.

The truth is ATT copies verizon plans. Verizon was first to offer the 59.99 for 550 share minutes. The only difference is its only for existing customers and not listed on the website. Everytime Verizon changes anything ATT matches it within 1 to 4 months. If you are using it in the city all the time you will not notice any difference. The iphone, droid, nexus, incredible, all do the same things minus a few apps. Its really a wash for someone that not travelling.

So basically what it boils down to is do you want the droid or the iphone. Just keep in mind that all the comparison tests that the iphone beat the droid in were improved with the HTC incredible.... 8 megapixel camera and all. The iphone is no longer on top by itself. Its sharing the podium with the incredible and the Nexus.

the EVO is coming!

Just on our way back from california ATT service stopped at barsow california and was on and off untill middle of new mexico, then went off again. Then it went off back again at joplin MO. and went off for another 3-4 hours until IL. Sprit is ok for the people that never leave a 75 mile area from columbus and thats it. From a business trip to california my phone was not in service more then it was back to ohio. I was with ATT for 10 years, I still have one as a work phone and the service just sucks when we have to travel. Everyone at my work knows how much the phones suck that in 2011 business phones will all be verizon. ATT coverage nationwide service reminds me of my old verizon internet card 8-10 years ago only worked when your in a big city or near a tower.

Irony.

Opinion VS Fact wins every time..:rolleyes:

What is the facts here then..That ATT supposedly has for the last 4 years dumped money into its network but you see no difference? Please explain. I HAD an iphone. I had terrible service in places that i shouldnt. ATT sells you on 3g but you cant get it unless your in a major city. So ATT lost my business and went with something that works and is much more affordable.

The truth is ATT copies verizon plans. Verizon was first to offer the 59.99 for 550 share minutes. The only difference is its only for existing customers and not listed on the website. Everytime Verizon changes anything ATT matches it within 1 to 4 months. If you are using it in the city all the time you will not notice any difference. The iphone, droid, nexus, incredible, all do the same things minus a few apps. Its really a wash for someone that not travelling.

So basically what it boils down to is do you want the droid or the iphone. Just keep in mind that all the comparison tests that the iphone beat the droid in were improved with the HTC incredible.... 8 megapixel camera and all. The iphone is no longer on top by itself. Its sharing the podium with the incredible and the Nexus.

And dont forget the EVO. Which has better specs than all.

What is the facts here then..That ATT supposedly has for the last 4 years dumped money into its network but you see no difference? Please explain. I HAD an iphone. I had terrible service in places that i shouldnt. ATT sells you on 3g but you cant get it unless your in a major city. So ATT lost my business and went with something that works and is much more affordable.

I thought you were making a case for AT&T, if you are pro-verizon that is better, but I still profess you are retarded.

ATT's coverage is better than Sprints. What you did is the equivalent to leaving an ugly girl to fornicate with a fat chick.

I thought you were making a case for AT&T, if you are pro-verizon that is better, but I still profess you are retarded.

Well, i think verizon is better than ATT. But costs is also a big issue. So sprint wins in overall value for me. Verizon would cost twice as much, maybe even 3 times for what i pay for with sprint.