My New Project...woot!

Littleguy

Well, I decided that I wanted to build a car while I am down here in Houston for the remainder of the year and finally got one. I had the Subaru before, but I really missed having a rwd car that I could get the ass end out in. After looking at options I found a great deal on a 1995 Nissan 240SX. As far as the car goes, the KA motor in it runs perfectly, super cold a/c, working radio, power windows, etc... the car is in perfect condition mechanically. As far as the body goes, it is going to need a paint job (considers truck bedliner) and a new rear bumper, but I only payed $1200 for it, so I got a really great deal.

As far as plans go I'd like to have an SR20DET swap done to it by the spring along with new wheels and a paint job. Anyways, here she is:

http://www.newcelica.org/photopost/data/500/240_1.jpg

http://www.newcelica.org/photopost/data/500/240_2.jpg

http://www.newcelica.org/photopost/data/500/240_3.jpg

http://www.newcelica.org/photopost/data/500/240_4.jpg

Oh yeah, those are Centerline wheels, lolz. Totally baller.

I would keep the wheels and get lower profile tires, coilovers, crush it, play with the camber a little, boost the KA or just rock it as is for now. Then do some kind of swap next season. I would get all the suspension and chassis done before swapping motors. Especially if it is a good condition KA

well.. at least it's not a yellow mr2

Come on dude, it's got a bullet hole in the hood to make up for it, lolz.

Nice looking S14, KAT>SR20 my opinion. Apparently stock block SR20DET record is close to 500whp. Stock block KA24DE record is over 600whp.

I've heard a lot of people say that, especially since the KA is an iron block. I've actually priced it out and with how cheap these things are I could probably put together a turbo kit for it for under $500.

Lsx it (coming from a ford guy) and slam it

That's actually something I was considering, but cost wise I can turbo this KA or go SR20DET for less than the cost of just an lsx engine alone.

Car looks great, Norm. Definitely a steal. :thumbup:

But, winter in Ohio, summer in Houston ..... I'll have to hear this story over a beer when you return. :)

For sure, actually, I'm going to wait till the snow stops to come back. Snow is better to look at on tv than to live with...of course there is the exception of snow drag nights. ;)

Look up the DSPORT magazine KA24 VS SR20 Articles for some very good info. I just bought the newest one comparing the heads. SR20 parts have been getting a lot less exspensive. So if you have the extra cash I would swing that route. A complete motor set with harness can be had for under $2000 easily

Look up the DSPORT magazine KA24 VS SR20 Articles for some very good info. I just bought the newest one comparing the heads. SR20 parts have been getting a lot less exspensive. So if you have the extra cash I would swing that route. A complete motor set with harness can be had for under $2000 easily

Yeah, there is a shop here in Houston that does a complete swap with a turbo back exhaust and a tune included for $4100, that's why I was thinking of going that route. The cool thing I'm learning about these cars is that there are tons of inexpensive options from KA all the way to 2jz or lsx.

Nice looking S14, KAT>SR20 my opinion. Apparently stock block SR20DET record is close to 500whp. Stock block KA24DE record is over 600whp.

Not true hybrid dynamics almost made 700whp on a stock block sr20 car made multiple dyno passes abover 650 rwhp. This was also over 4 years ago and the record in the states, the aussies and japanese have passed the 700whp mark almost 15 years ago on stock untouched bottom end sr's. Ka's can be done right when you put enough money into them, most of the cars are hacked junkers. I have had ever forced fed nissan motor in my 240 if you want to keep it nissan and do it right the first time go rb

Not true hybrid dynamics almost made 700whp on a stock block sr20 car made multiple dyno passes abover 650 rwhp. This was also over 4 years ago and the record in the states, the aussies and japanese have passed the 700whp mark almost 15 years ago on stock untouched bottom end sr's. Ka's can be done right when you put enough money into them, most of the cars are hacked junkers. I have had ever forced fed nissan motor in my 240 if you want to keep it nissan and do it right the first time go rb

hmm nice to know the SR is holding up but around 500whp dont their valvetrain start to weakin? I agree RB26 with GTS tranny would be a nice powerplant but depending on his funds a KA is cheaper and can make 400-500 and if wanted to upgrade later then who knows. anyways my vote is stick with a Nissan power plant.

Well, I just took it for a spin around the neighborhood before working on it today and the ass end slides out quite nicely. :) After that I cleaned up the inside of the car and the trunk nicely and fixed some of the trunk liner because it wasn't secured properly, I also removed the headlights to do a restoration on them and get them looking clear again.

Looks good, buddy. Way to blend in with the rest of the wetbacks. ;) I'll save anymore cracks for when I'm not posting from a PSP. :\

It must make you feel soo good when you see somebody being more wetback than you, huh. :D