UTAH CCW CLASS MAY 22

stangsn95gt

I signed up and so did my co-worker.... I already have my Ohio CCW, but I figure it doesn't hurt to expand the states I can carry in.

BTW, anyone taking the class, it's not 50, it's 55 because you need to get your prints done which is 5 dollars extra and they pretty much want cash only.

Also, did anyone else think it's kind of stupid that the CCW class is pretty much a basic pistol course, but they aren't allowed to have firearms on the premesis? what are we going to do, look at pictures of what guns look like?

Also, did anyone else think it's kind of stupid that the CCW class is pretty much a basic pistol course, but they aren't allowed to have firearms on the premesis? what are we going to do, look at pictures of what guns look like?

I think this class is more a formality just to get the Utah license.

So I have my Florida and Ohio CCW right now... What states would I gain from taking this Utah class? I can't access the CCW maps since I am on a work PC at the moment.

**Never mind.. I found a map that made it through the work filter. It looks like I would not gain any additional states by taking Utah at this time.**

• 4 weeks later...
So....results of people that went to the class? Was it worthwhile, informative, and well done? There is another class coming up in 2 weeks, so I'd like to know before wasting $50 and my time. Anyone gotten their actual ccw permit yet?

I took the class, IMO i thought it was really boring, spent 90% of the time going over the gun and the other 10% over laws.

I didnt apply for my CCW yet, i was talking with a local police officer and he told me that it would be playing with fire carrying with just that permit. Im going to take a ohio CCW next month.

I took the class, IMO i thought it was really boring, spent 90% of the time going over the gun and the other 10% over laws.

I didnt apply for my CCW yet, i was talking with a local police officer and he told me that it would be playing with fire carrying with just that permit. Im going to take a ohio CCW next month.

Did he elaborate on why? And where/when is the Ohio CCW class and how much?

Did he elaborate on why? And where/when is the Ohio CCW class and how much?

I was having a similar discussion with Dad on the topic, and we had some mixed feelings on it as well.

As the instructor pointed out, the Utah CCW is "transparent", IE: LEO's are unable to know that you have it , unless told.

Catch: Under ohio CCW Law (which you have to follow obviously in Ohio) you have to notify the officer immediately. Well, he is going to be a little put off to learn that you didn't show up on his computer as a CHL holder and you have a gun on you.

Then you have to hope he understands reciprocity with Utah, and well, could make you day a lot longer than it needs to be.

I completely agree with what Jones said... with that being said, I already have my Ohio CCW, and my entire purpose for getting this is so that I don't have to get out and put it in the trunk when driving to Tx or Fl..

• 2 weeks later...