motorcycle wreck, possible fatality on route 42 near ashley

macpyro2

Friends say it was a red bike between ashley and delaware on route 42...they said it was a bad wreck and they thought they saw someone in a body bag. A few people called me asking if it was my bike but it wasn't... just wondering if anyone knows who or what happened?

It was last night around 10 and there were about 30 assorted police, fire trucks and ambulances there. It was on the corner of County Home and 42 by the tracks. There was def a fatality. When I went by they were putting someone in an ambulance completely wrapped up in a whit bag. Whoever it was RIP man.

Motorcycle Strikes Pole, Killing Man

Saturday, May 1, 2010 9:26 AM

Print Story

E-mail Story

DELAWARE, Ohio — A man was killed on Friday night when the motorcycle he was riding struck a utility pole.

Jeremy L. Holtrey of Edison, Ohio, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

The crash occurred at about 9:09 p.m. along U.S. Route 42, just south of County Home Road in Brown Township.

Troopers said that Holtrey, 29, was driving north along U.S. 42 when his motorcycle went off the right side of the road and struck the pole. Holtrey was thrown from his motorcycle. He was not wearing a helmet.

Troopers said that alcohol was suspected in the crash.

Stay with 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for additional information.