Anyone started their own LLC business?

RC K9

Does anyone on here have experience on starting your own LLC company? Any advice you can offer me on the proper steps to make this happen? I was reading online and it sounds like I just need to fill out some paperwork and pay a small fee. Appreciate the help.

-Ryan

I overpaid at legalzoom but it worth the convenience for me atleast. It was very easy / fast to get up and running.

Which package did you use? I show they offer 3 different packages for starting an LLC.

NO never started a LLC......

why? the only reason I can think of would be if you have zero assets. This is one of the precautions in order to protect your personal assets if something were to go wrong. Along with many other reasons but thats just one of the important ones

Guest Removed
why? the only reason I can think of would be if you have zero assets. This is one of the precautions in order to protect your personal assets if something were to go wrong. Along with many other reasons but thats just one of the important ones

UMMM its Gerarheadz Automotive LLC..... internet bro,....internet :p

Appreciate the help so far everyone. As for insurance, all my personal insurance is through nationwide. Am I correct in the assumption I will have to get special insurance for the business? Should I just call my insureance rep and ask about this?

Appreciate the help so far everyone. As for insurance, all my personal insurance is through nationwide. Am I correct in the assumption I will have to get special insurance for the business? Should I just call my insureance rep and ask about this?

yep

Guest Removed

yes...a good agent can help alot...but read up on what all you need to insure against in your case... i have to have enough to cover so much worth of cars and tools sitting in the building

Starting a company is very easy. Just a couple simple forms from the state of ohio and the county your operating in and some fees. Also remember to register the DBA form with the state so you can correctly open and manage business bank accounts.

As for insurance I use grange for everything personal and business and have addition coverage for my industry (wedding photography) through a couple of specialized firms.

My wife is an attorney and part of her practice involves business incorporation. There are many different ways to start your business. Sure you can go out on the internet and download files and do it yourself. If you want it done correctly, you should work with an attorney. If you want to discuss anything with her, let me know and I can pm you her contact information. Edited by RS69

My wife is an attorney and part of her practice involves business incorporation. There are many different way to start your business. Sure you can go out on the internet and download files and do it yourself. If you want it done correctly, you should have work with an attorney. If you want to discuss anything with her, let me know and I can pm you her contact information.

Definitely looking to do things the right way but what am I looking to spend with an attorney? This is not a business that I do full time or anything (yet) and I don't have a lot for extra cash to throw around. Definitely interested though. I am going to need some liability stuff covered too. Like if someone's dog has a random heart attack while sleeping one night while in my care I son't want to get sued for that. Let me know her info.

Definitely looking to do things the right way but what am I looking to spend with an attorney? This is not a business that I do full time or anything (yet) and I don't have a lot for extra cash to throw around. Definitely interested though. I am going to need some liability stuff covered too. Like if someone's dog has a random heart attack while sleeping one night while in my care I son't want to get sued for that. Let me know her info.

PM'd...