A stone fucking cold killer

Sam1647545489

The bike vs car argument is dumb you can't compare the because they are 2 different things.

they are both legitimate forms of transportation.

in america, they are viewed as toys more than real transportation, which does not benefit riders when they are out on the highway...

however there are many people who use bikes for commuting. i ride pretty much every day, rain or shine. if you've got the right gear for the rain or the cold, its no problem at all.

just to be clear, im mostly just playing devils advocate here. i def. wouldnt use this bike as a daily. but im not opposed to using a different bike as a daily.

IMO the S1000RR is a toy. its a track weapon not a bike for every day commuting. if you want to commute, youd get something thats comfortable, economical etc. but thats not to say its impossible.

you could daily drive a ferrari enzo if you could afford it and straight dont give a fuck.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

t

however there are many people who use bikes for commuting. i ride pretty much every day, rain or shine. if you've got the right gear for the rain or the cold, its no problem at all.

k.

x2 rain or shine ... 62mpg on the bike > 28 in the car booyah

but one nasty bike

If I lived in a place where the weather was nice year round I would daily a bike. You are 200% correct about a bike being better on the wallet as far as fuel and so on.

You guys are brave for riding in the rain and cold I would not do it.

Guest tbutera2112
If I lived in a place where the weather was nice year round I would daily a bike. You are 200% correct about a bike being better on the wallet as far as fuel and so on.

You guys are brave for riding in the rain and cold I would not do it.

i went out with casper and a few others today and rode hocking through the wind storm

pussy :bangbang:

That and KWS has stated that b/c of all the many electronics and safety things and etc that if you are to drag it you basiclly have to replace a lot of shit with aftermarket stuff and guess they had a pain tryin to get around the electrical system just to tune the ECM.

So BMW drag bike = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's like anything else new on the market. The same shit happened with EFI on the Jap bikes back in the 90's. Once things are developed and perfected it will be no different.

....and the KWS dyno reading is a joke! I've yet to see another bike dyno anywhere even close to there numbers.

It's like anything else new on the market. The same shit happened with EFI on the Jap bikes back in the 90's. Once things are developed and perfected it will be no different.

....and the KWS dyno reading is a joke! I've yet to see another bike dyno anywhere even close to there numbers.

Ok? I dont care what they claim or Brocks claim. Either way the Bimmer is blowing all bikes out of the water. Brocks just ran a 8.49 @ 158mph on the Bimmer

Engine: Stock (203 RWHP/80 ft-lbs SAE Scale using VP MRX01 Fuel)

Exhaust System: Brock’s Performance Full Titanium CT-FM™ Carbon Tip Megaphone... with Anodized Flames

Fuel Injection Control: Dynojet PCV with Brock’s Performance Custom Map to match the CT-FM.

Wheels: BST Carbon Fiber

Tires: Michelin 120/60 Power Pure Front - 190/50 Power One Rear

Bearings: Worldwide Bearings Ceramic

Swingarm: Brock’s Performance 9” over Alumi-Pro™ by McIntosh

Shock: Brock’s Performance Dragshock™ by Öhlins (Dual Stage Compression with Remote)

Sprockets: Vortex (17-47 to start)

Chain: Regina 530 ZRP 160 Link (O-Rings removed by hand)

Clutch Modifications: Brock’s Performance Clutch Mod, Cushion, Springs with Adjustable Spring Tops and Shims

Lowering Links: Brock’s Performance Window Links

Front End: Brock’s Performance Radial Mount Front End Lowering Kit (Radial Mounts, Strap End Kit, Strap)

Oil: Alisyn <<0 Weight

Oil Additive: Petron Plus

Coolant: MoCool by Motul

Mirror Block Offs: Brock’s Performance

Brake Line-Rear 9” over: Spiegler Performance

Brake Pads: Carbone Lorraine (SBK5 Compound)

Seat: Custom Cover by Bob Kussman Dayton, OH

....and...?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs531.ash1/31171_122267304468273_100000550137534_211944_692605_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs531.ash1/31171_122267264468277_100000550137534_211937_6070875_n.jpg

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs571.snc3/31171_122267271134943_100000550137534_211939_1579059_n.jpg

VIDEO:

Brock Davidson said:

60 ft – 1.394

330 ft – 3.621

1/8 ET – 5.490

1/8 MPH – 129.48

1/4 ET – 8.497

1/4 MPH – 158.46

One item to note is that the bike ran out of gear in the top of sixth and ran into the rev limiter slightly before the finish line certainly negating a trap speed over 160 MPH even in these very windy conditions.

Ryan Schnitz was riding ..

The bike has been shortened up for the SS class.

So far in qualifying...

Ryan ran a 9.16 @ 157.36mph in Q1

Just ran a 9.13 @ 157.93mph on it in Q2. 6.04 @ 126.66 in the 1/8

Later the front end washed out and Ryan crashed on it....

They are still testing so more to learn but times are pretty similar to everything else out, just MPH is a bit higher (obviously)... :cool:

i think this bike is pretty sweet but like it has been said the higher cost of parts will keep drag racing it cost prohibitive. I also definitely don't expect BMW to hold the horsepower crown for too much longer. It's not like Kawasaki and Suzuki are gonna sit by idly and not do anything about it. Next years production models will close the gap if not surpass it by the next generation bikes and be less costly to drag race.

• 3 months later...

Riding in the rain is retarded. Don't trade your car for a bike if you don't have another car. End of story.

Now, back on topic. I didn't realize this thing started at $13,800, I was thinking it was $20k plus. Anyone have any rider feedback? Ducati may be getting returned ... not sure what to exchange it for, if anything.

bmw s1000rr

176rwhp stock

9.50's at 156mph stock

Put a swing arm and a pipe and power commander on it and a good rider and I bet it goes straight into the 8's.

quarter mile times and potential are not the true measure of a good rider..how fast can you lap a road course with it?

Riding in the rain is retarded. Don't trade your car for a bike if you don't have another car. End of story.

Now, back on topic. I didn't realize this thing started at $13,800, I was thinking it was $20k plus. Anyone have any rider feedback? Ducati may be getting returned ... not sure what to exchange it for, if anything.

Don't return the Ducati unless you trade it for an 1198s :cool: