This will buff out

Vulcan900

Happened here at work this morning.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh18/Crom2112/IMG_0230.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh18/Crom2112/IMG_0223.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh18/Crom2112/IMG_0230.jpg

Chevy Impala.

Not sure who owned it. It went from smoking a little.... to smoking a lot, to on fire. We called the fire department as soon as we saw it smoking a little. They didnt show up until it was on fire (A LOT).

Cars get fully involved pretty quick......with all the plastic, foam in the seats. It dosen't take long.

Whats impressive is a vehicle with a magnesium block. One of those get going and it's a very bright blueish flame.

What part of town was this?

The mini van took some damage. We didn't find the owner until the car was fully on fire. So he couldn't move it.

There is also a dodge neon behind the tree. It actually caught on fire as well from the Impala. Bad start to the day.

don't the moons of saturn have to be perfectly in align for that to actually happen?

Not really. GM has a recall out now for 3800's for the front valve cover leaking. I've gotten several notices for my car.

The mini van took some damage. We didn't find the owner until the car was fully on fire. So he couldn't move it.

There is also a dodge neon behind the tree. It actually caught on fire as well from the Impala. Bad start to the day.

I was getting ready to say, it looked like there was another car behind the tree on fire as well in the first and third pics...

I bet it was part of the recall for the front valve cover leaking onto the manifold and BOOM.. fire. (if it had a 3800 in it).

Thats where my money is.

don't the moons of saturn have to be perfectly in align for that to actually happen?

Not at all. 3800's were also known to have faulty o-rings on the injectors so that is another possibility.

That's crazy, we just had one burn here at Ashland in Dublin last week. It was a new Nissan minivan. It lit up the Hyundai (i think) next to it too.

That's funny. I work on the other side in the tech center and I didn't even know a car went up last week. It must have been right after I left, but I heard it didn't go well for a few cars.

Bet the owner of the minivan wished he had moved it when you guys saw smoke from the impala.

Bet not! If I owned an old ass Pontiac mini van I would want it to catch fire and be someone else's insurance responsibility.