GET YOUR A/C DONE NOW

STEVE-O

DONT KNOW IF HERE OR GENERAL IS A BETTER PLACE FOR THIS THREAD SO FEEL FREEE TO MOVE IF SO..

If you need ac service done anytime get it done now... R134a has been going up like no other almost 2x in price in the last month/ month in a half and does not look like it is going to go down at all and is slowly becoming harder and harder to get

So just a reminder dont wait if you need it done

Edited by STEVE-O

Why, I thought R134a was the standard unlike R12 of years past.

What is the reason for the price jump?

I could not tell you everywhere is right around from 140-180 per 30lb tank...

used to be only about 80 but has been climbing

umm, it's summer. of course it'll go up.

it was not like this last year...

And even so vendors like napa etc are ahving a hard time getting a supply if it also so imagine what normal shops who dont carry a lot on hand will be charging to do ac work

Guest Removed

Its like this every year.... we have 20 tanks of it sitting at the a/c shop on parson's.

and last year they said oh its going up to 200 and blah blah blah, didnt happen.

and it doesnt matter how much the tank is.. we still charge the same flat fee...LOL

Its like this every year.... we have 20 tanks of it sitting at the a/c shop on parson's.

and last year they said oh its going up to 200 and blah blah blah, didnt happen.

and it doesnt matter how much the tank is.. we still charge the same flat fee...LOL

you are a good shop then rob lol I know ours is charged based off of how much it is for us. nothing we can do about it it is automatic from corp like that....

I know napa said they only had 15... carquest was down to three tanks( also the cheapest place for them) smyth had 5 total not sure about the big O here though

hey gearhead. do you know anyone who could fix the ac on my yukon. it has rear air.

the motors work i know the compressor is bad. i could get the new compressor and let them charge it to see if there are any leaks. its been bad since i got the thing. ive threw a few cans in it and it cooled but only for about a hr. i think the compressor fittings were the leak or the compressor its self since it later locked up. let me know i dont know any good ac guys

Guest Removed
you are a good shop then rob lol I know ours is charged based off of how much it is for us. nothing we can do about it it is automatic from corp like that....

I know napa said they only had 15... carquest was down to three tanks( also the cheapest place for them) smyth had 5 total not sure about the big O here though

carquset dont have any, cause we bought most of it :p

and just one more reason not to take your car to one of those corprape places... unless you know someone in a place like that , that can hook you up..(like the ntb downtown, or what i have been doing for cr members over the years)

hey gearhead. do you know anyone who could fix the ac on my yukon. it has rear air.

the motors work i know the compressor is bad. i could get the new compressor and let them charge it to see if there are any leaks. its been bad since i got the thing. ive threw a few cans in it and it cooled but only for about a hr. i think the compressor fittings were the leak or the compressor its self since it later locked up. let me know i dont know any good ac guys

call 444-1410 talk to steven..tell him rob sent you... but if you have been sticking the can stuff in it, he may not mess with it... the stuff in a can has sealer in it, and destroys ac machine's and some of the parts in your car/truck.