Fuel pump staying on? 1990 mustang

Browning

1990 mustang 2.3

It's my brother n laws car and it just started doing it yesterday. Shut the car off and you can still hear the fuel pump running. He's been unhooking his battery when he has to go some where and was asking me what it could be...and here I am asking you guys lol

What are some things to check/look for? Relay? Says the car is still running great and hasn't noticed any other problems with this

Guest Removed
2 relays.... if you unplug either one, it will shut off... but something is keeping the relay on.. weather it be the eec relay in the passenger kick panel, or the fuel pump relay under the driver seat, or the ignition switch

Guest Removed

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/foxbodyfuelpumpeccrelay.gif

the switch powers up the eec relay, which also powers a up the pump relay

with the key off, you should not have power going to the eec relay on the red wire with the green strip...start there first

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/foxbodyfuelpumprelay.gif

only relay under the hood IIRC, is the ac relay...

Guest Removed
that looks about right.. but the wire colors are not adding up... i'll got in the parking lot and look in a bit..is this a 5.0 or a 2.3?

it's kinda hard to see up in there but I found a relay. Only one red wire in the harness and it looks to us like a black stripe. Bunch of pink though.

Anyways, went ahead used the test light on the red one with the stripe and can't get power out of it with the key off and on