This poor STi....

KStang3.8

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs343.ash1/29302_10150184146235363_522820362_12307935_638405_n.jpg

Let this be a lesson. Do not race your sweet ass car near gate things like this.

A friend from Vancouver, B.C. sent me this. Drove by on his way to class and snapped a quick photo.

Guest tbutera2112
So the lesson here kids is not to drive down the road with your hood up????

maybe it hit at the right angle and popped the hood when it went through the car

maybe it hit at the right angle and popped the hood when it went through the car

i dont know about that, the end of the gate would have cleared the hood. also thered be damage to the front of the hood which there doesnt appear to be any.

but the hood does look like its been lifted from the bottom when teh gate went through. so unless he was driving, the hood flew up, and then he ran into the gate? :confused:

i dont know about that, the end of the gate would have cleared the hood. also thered be damage to the front of the hood which there doesnt appear to be any.

but the hood does look like its been lifted from the bottom when teh gate went through. so unless he was driving, the hood flew up, and then he ran into the gate? :confused:

this was what I was thinking.....I just don't see any other way that pole could get under the hood like that without tearing it to pieces.

If you look close it kind of looks like the ole may have slid under the hood and through the window, The back side of the hood appears to be damaged like it was pried up... Either way too many questions not enough answers...

Guest tbutera2112
The bottom bar on the gate could have pushed the gate up. I think the gate popped the hood, and got pushed up as the car went farther under it.

i say this.

If you look to the left, you can see what looks like a chunk of core support with the hood latch attached. That pretty much proves that the pole had to have hit the core support, ripped it in half, then got pushed up by the engine before it went through the windshield.

Found this history of what happened..

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30662200#post30662200

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/seney/4577060298_2dc9576b48_b.jpg

We were having a crazy wind storm the other day, and the story is that the gust of wind pulled the barrier into the street right as he was making that turn. It hit the front, ripped the hood up, then went through the windshield.

• Confused 1