looking at a porsche boxster S...

ghost1647545489

Hey didn't know if anyone new much about these I am looking at a 2002 Boxster S for 18K out the door has 53k miles. Interior I give an A exterior I give an A. What are crazy problems to look for? Clutch felt good and motor felt strong sounded great. Car is 8 years old looked like it was 3 years old

The Cayman is a hardtop Boxster. And a better car in every respect. Although I'll tell ya, a friend of mine took me for a ride in his Boxster S, and it was pretty awesome. You can't beat the balance and grip of those things.

When I worked on them the ony thing out of the ordinary we had to deal with is a brake booster on one. I think there is a problem on some with the crank case canister on top of the motor. Great cars tho, not the fastest thing, but tight, quite, and stops great.

Common stuff we have seen are rear wheel bearings, rear axle boots, front suspension issues, valve covers leak, rear main seals leak. We work on quite a handful of these things, also the suspension issues come if they have hooptie wheels on them, which the S models do. I believe they have the 18" Turbo Twist wheels?

Otherwise they are strange to work on with how you access various parts of the motor. For Example having the top half way down to take the panels off to get to the top of the motor etc..

They are quite fun cars, I know a guy with an automatic one that gives the 911 guys a run for their money at the autocrosses.