'11 5.0 goes 11.82, CAI/full exhaust/tune/slicks

Guest Removed

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has already started, and the camaro guys lost!

Hands down the 2011 mustang GT beats the camaro ss and challenger srt8.

the problem is, you cant take those tests seriously. every magazine you will read on these cars will say something different (i.e, the car and driver one says that the SS is good for 13.0 and the GT is good for 13.2). for now, id say its about a draw until some real world numbers really start popping up.

i say this simply because as said, every magazine i think i have read has posted different times for all these cars, but going by the fastest one ive read for the stang is a 12.7 (MT), and also according to them, that is 4-5 tenths faster than the camaro and about 6 for the challenger, but yet ive read that the actual record ET's for those 2 cars are like 12.8 and 12.9, which obviously makes it a whole lot closer.

the problem is, you cant take those tests seriously. every magazine you will read on these cars will say something different (i.e, the car and driver one says that the SS is good for 13.0 and the GT is good for 13.2). for now, id say its about a draw until some real world numbers really start popping up.

i say this simply because as said, every magazine i think i have read has posted different times for all these cars, but going by the fastest one ive read for the stang is a 12.7 (MT), and also according to them, that is 4-5 tenths faster than the camaro and about 6 for the challenger, but yet ive read that the actual record ET's for those 2 cars are like 12.8 and 12.9, which obviously makes it a whole lot closer.

Very true. The '11 GT is the most over hyped car since the '10 Camaro. Atleast it has people interested in performance vehicles again and not a damn Prius.

it has already started, and the camaro guys lost!

Hands down the 2011 mustang GT beats the camaro ss and challenger srt8.

Really? The 2010 Camaro was released in 2009. But it doesn't start until the 2011 Mustang come out...without knowing anything about what the 2011 Camaro will be doing.

Your logic = ?????

I know that the black one is a stick and the white an auto, but that white one had one hell of a shot of nitrous on it :) What else, other than fuel upgrades, was done to it? Kid driving the black car needs some seat time and a driving tutor, car makes good power.

It (White car) supposedly had a 300-shot but the 2nd-stage wasn't working so he was just running a 100-150 first stage and based on the mph I'm not even sure if it that was working right lol. No clue who put all that one but we will be taking it all back off to upgrade the heads and then we will see what it will actually make. On a true 300-shot that car will make great power and run very well :)

Jeff

Really? The 2010 Camaro was released in 2009. But it doesn't start until the 2011 Mustang come out...without knowing anything about what the 2011 Camaro will be doing.

From every magazine comparo I have read (And I think I get every single one made here at the shop) the Camaro still traps higher than the mustang even being xyz lbs heavier. Camaro just needs to go on a diet -- drop 200-300lbs and it would feel 2x quicker IMO. Get it to a C6 weight and with the same LS3 you can just use the Vett's numbers as what it could do with no engine upgrades at all.

Jeff

All three (Camaro, Challenger, Mustang) need to go on a diet! Mine weighs 4155 lbs. with me in it! Im 215 lbs. I know the GT is lighter than a GT500. Not sure if it was posted all ready, but the GT in the video weighed 3824 with driver.

Evolution performance is pretty legit and I dont know how much more real world you can get than their testing on this first post. Now it looks like they are even going fast with it now, should get interesting nonetheless.

I do understand though as far as running just a standard radial tire like you would drive it daily and say like a nitto 555r on the back. Its still going to be an 11 second car all day

Mustangs are the best cars ever built, gm will probably quit producing the camaro in the near future once again since no one will buy it and everyone will be buying the mustangs.....

• Upvote 1

Mustangs are the best cars ever built, gm will probably quit producing the camaro in the near future once again since no one will buy it and everyone will be buying the mustangs.....

+rep for you sir

and only 302 cubes. :D suck it LSx.

LOL. Looks at the physical size of the motor....MUCH larger than the LSx. Who cares if the LSx was 900 cubes...if the physical size of of the LSx is smaller and lighter, how is that a win for Ford?

LOL. Looks at the physical size of the motor....MUCH larger than the LSx. Who cares if the LSx was 900 cubes...if the physical size of of the LSx is smaller and lighter, how is that a win for Ford?

update from face book

they just ran 11.65@119mph in NMRA Super Stang Round #3 Qualifying

Thats how.

On the Dyno with Our 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V looking for some more power.....

We just made 414 RWHP and 385 RWTQ with Our 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V! The Mods are the same as before......

I wonder if our 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V will like a little Nitrous? Stand By.... We're about to SPRAY IT.... 100 Shot!

FB update messages from today!

You have got to be shitting me ?

A 6.2L Supercharged $100,000+ lighter vehicle is faster than a i/e tune 30,000 mustang.

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT.

All LSX motors are gay, because Renault made 1000hp/L back in the 80's.

Sure, it was a F1 car, sure, it wasn't production, but as long as we comparing Mustang GT's to ZR1's it's worth mentioning.