New turbo fail?

MackDaddy43

When it accelerates fine, I'm not hitting more than half throttle. Whenever I hit more than that, that is when in starts bumping..

and its NEVER accelerated this fast. And the dv was never noticeably audible.

I checked all of the lines going from the turbo, dv, n75, wg, and intake mani

as well as I took the fuel pump fuse out and cranked it over a few times, no more than 7 seconds a time.

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo285/TheMackOutlet/th_IMG_0493.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo285/TheMackOutlet/th_IMG_0494.jpg

Seems like you are going into hard limp mode. There could be a possibility that the vac line to the wastegate is kinked or broken or someone has done the crank mod to it. I see that the check engine light is on. What codes is it reading? I would love to help you out, give me a call 614-432-4129 my name is Lido. Maybe I can have you bring it down to my shop.

I had a suscipion that it was going into limp mode. I can't really tell much from the video, but it does either seem like a boost leak or fuel cut. I would wager against fuel cut on the setup you have, though.

Seems like you are going into hard limp mode. There could be a possibility that the vac line to the wastegate is kinked or broken or someone has done the crank mod to it. I see that the check engine light is on. What codes is it reading? I would love to help you out, give me a call 614-432-4129 my name is Lido. Maybe I can have you bring it down to my shop.

If it's not done by tomorrow night I'll come by thursday... I'm just SICK of driving the escalade... fuck getting 8mpg.

And the jetta isn't licensed yet or I'd drive that lol..

I had a suscipion that it was going into limp mode. I can't really tell much from the video, but it does either seem like a boost leak or fuel cut. I would wager against fuel cut on the setup you have, though.

Fix for the fuel cut?

Come to think of it,

Someone trying to crank the wastegate seems like a possibility, seeing as how this thing boosts like crazy, whereas my other k03 was lame from the start.

Not saying this is much better, but damn does it hit a lot harder.

You think the kids toyed with your wastegate--was the turbo laying around before you installed it? Seeing how they have screwed with you in the past, this is a possibility. Man, it's time to start cracking skulls.

That would be a quick and easy way to cause a headache!

• Upvote 1

That seems like a fuel cut, but its hard to tell from just video. My dsm use to do this often with the small injector I had in it. Make sure the MAF is cleaned properly and hooked up properly also. Often times you can get a leak before or after the MAF that makes things nuts. When you get time go to homedepot make a boost leak tester and pressure the system and check. That would be a great start.

what should I use to clean the maf?

Anything special, or just good old brake clean?

I am in a rush to leave now but autozone has a type of MAF cleaner, I would not use brake cleaner. I will get the name for you when I get off today.

• Upvote 1

Update on this bs.

I got a can of maf cleaner from autozone and hosed the maf down and let it dry for about a half hour.

Put it all back in, started it up, and the CEL went off. Good shit.

Went for a drive, and the same thing kept happening. Would start hitting boost, drop off, and take off again.

My first gear seems to be fine, but 2nd and 3rd are the worst, then 4th and 5th its only a problem if i really get on it.

I'm thinking it has to be a fueling problem?

Also, in my total of 15 min drive the turbo managed to get cherry red, as well as half of the mani did... So i'm really starting to think that this thing has been tampered with..

So it turns out it is the wastegate. Took it to lido's and he hooked a boost gauge up. It was hitting boost, but would limp at 13 psi (stock tuning safety feature).

If i get it reflashed / chipped it should be fine i hear.

Figured it was fuel cut. Boost leaks usually are different not a on and off type switch.

Yes sir, hauls ass with that little K03 turbo all the way up until it hits 13 PSI and starts cutting out. Kind of reminds me of my buddies 03 GTI which is pushing 20 PSI out of the KO3s for less than $50 in mods. I wish I could do the MAP clamp mod on your Audi, you would really like how that car feels.

I don't see why the stock turbo on a seemingly stock car requires a retune. Have you unplugged the battery and reset the pcm? Did you put on an aftermarket turbo or wastegate or mess with the boost? If not I don't see why the answer is a tune.