LFA vs GT-R

Littleguy

Maybe they should have spent those ten years fixing gas pedals instead of that.. thing..

ZING!

Seriously though, i saw Top Gear's review of the LFA, looks badass but not for that kind of coin. If money were no object i would probably still buy a ferrari or Lambo first. The LFA would be the 4th or 5th on the list.

Maybe they should have spent those ten years fixing gas pedals instead of that.. thing..

Thread would be over with this post...but I got more to say.

All that R&D is going to lead to sweet sweet stuff from toyota/lexus in the next few years. It all trickles down eventually, just like military spending has given us more tech that we use daily today than you will ever want to know.

$400,000 for what looks like a pile of spare parts slapped together?

Most offensive thing I have ever read on this website.. honestly.

I about went off, but I'll save it for the sake of not being banned. :mad:

was very cool to see in person. One of the neat things I liked was how the trans is part of the rear end. The engine is a v10 and is smaller then a v8 and lighter then a v6.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/smskinner/auto%20show/0119001039b.jpg

was very cool to see in person. One of the neat things I liked was how the trans is part of the rear end. The engine is a v10 and is smaller then a v8 and lighter then a v6.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/smskinner/auto%20show/0119001039b.jpg

You mean like a Corvette (among other cars)?

http://www.web-cars.com/images/vette_img/DSC_2704_a.jpgOf the many innovations of the C5, the rear transaxle was at the top of the list. With a transaxle design, the transmission and the differential are located in a combined case at the rear axle. This was the same layout used in the Porsche 944 and Ferrari Daytona. The goal was improved balance; with the weight shifted more to the rear a better front / rear weight distribution was possible. In the case of the C5, weight distribution was 51% front / 49% rear which is close to ideal and an excellent statistic for a front engine car. Another advantage of the rear transaxle was more space in the cockpit area, which resolved a complaint from C4 owners who felt that the footwell areas was too small. Note the torque tube in front of the transaxle and to the right in the above photo. It mechanically coupled the engine to the transaxle which improved handling response, delivering that wonderful and often elusive "sports car feel".

My favorite part of the LFA is this nugget published in Automotive Engineering International

Free breathing characteristics, together with ultralight reciprocating and rotating masses, result in a 0.6-sec revving from idle to peak 9000-rpm redline, according to Toyota, obviously with no load.

Let me start off buy saying how much I hate Lexus.

I really like the LFA, its a very cool car, with a lot of time spent on perfecting it. Because of that, it's retard expensive, and even at that price Lexus doesnt make any money off of it. Everyone should watch the Top Gear test, I agree with everything he says. The other problem with it, is that its still a Lexus. It's better than the GTR if you dont look cost.

You guys are fucking nuts, that thing is bad ass(rear end is a little sketchy, but the side-view is TITS). Not saying there aren't other cars I would buy before it, but there are cars I'd buy before every car but one. Budget is the problem.

your asian. you have to like it.

It comes with the instruction manual.

"YOU WILL ENJOY JAPANESE MOTOR VEHICLES FOR MUCH HAPPINESS AND PRIDE, OR LET YOUR SOUL GO TO THE HELL OF BEING CUT INTO PIECES"

I love Lexus.....not a huge fan of their prices, but there was most DEFINTELY a difference in build quality in the early to mid 90's. What Toyota compares to a LS400? Avalon doesn't have shit on it.

Now-a-days is a differnt ball game, but back in the day Lexus was pretty neat.