LFA vs GT-R

Littleguy

I love Lexus.....not a huge fan of their prices, but there was most DEFINTELY a difference in build quality in the early to mid 90's. What Toyota compares to a LS400? Avalon doesn't have shit on it.

Now-a-days is a differnt ball game, but back in the day Lexus was pretty neat.

Toyota Celsior = Lexus LS400

It was never sold here, now Lexus is sold in Japan so the current LS460 is sold as a Lexus LS460 in Japan and the Celsior is no more. You'd have to wikipedia it to find out when they started selling Lexus in Japan.

GS300 was called an Aristo

IS300 was an Altezza

Not 375K bad ass. 430HP for 375K please!

You can't directly make that comparison. I take it you're driving at an LS3 has 430hp for 50k and the lexus makes the same power for 6 times the money. The two cars aren't even in the same ballpark. Granted I agree it is a ludicrous amount of money for what it is. Isn't the Ferrari F430 around 400hp as well.

Toyota Celsior = Lexus LS400

It was never sold here, now Lexus is sold in Japan so the current LS460 is sold as a Lexus LS460 in Japan and the Celsior is no more. You'd have to wikipedia it to find out when they started selling Lexus in Japan.

GS300 was called an Aristo

IS300 was an Altezza

Lexus ES has always been nothing but a Camry with different badging.

$400,000 > $30,000 (and I wouldn't spend that much for any f-body anyways)

All I was just saying are people like different things. If I was that baller and money to me was nothing, Id buy one today, and the GTR and a lambo. If you can afford 400k you prolly have a nice account, rich people did not get rich by being dumb.

I think the car is awesome. But 100-150k awesome. Not 400k awesome.

I don't care if I was Bill Gates rich, I don't think I'd buy one. Feels like a rip off to me, and I'm not into being ripped off.

You know how you pay for R&D? Sell more cars.

Isn't the Ferrari F430 around 400hp as well.

Nope!

" The F430 Scuderia makes 20 more horsepower than the regular F430 for a total of 510hp"

Not to mention we're talking a Ferrari and a Lexus. Just on names alone which do you see paying more for?

The LFA sounds sick as hell. It is waaaaay over price, but I don't think Toyota/Lexus will have a problem selling them. People in the US may not buy them, but people from Asia will. As far as compare Toyota/Lexus to Ferrari, that's just plain stupid!! The damn LFA will out last any Ferrari and will go 200K miles before needing a tune up. OK, flamesuit on!! ;)

About time toyota did something remotely performance oriented again- The IS-F isn't that shabby either.

Anyone know what the stroke length is to rev from idle to 9000 some rpm in under half a second? The 911 3.2 and 5.0 mustang have a 3" stroke fwiw IIRC. I wonder if yamaha should market exhaust systems for other cars... I am sure that short stroke more than helps though as the 911 and 5.0 are also renowned for their sounds.... what is the stroke on the nissan 3.5/3.7?

About time toyota did something remotely performance oriented again- The IS-F isn't that shabby either.

Anyone know what the stroke length is to rev from idle to 9000 some rpm in under half a second? The 911 3.2 and 5.0 mustang have a 3" stroke fwiw IIRC. I wonder if yamaha should market exhaust systems for other cars... I am sure that short stroke more than helps though as the 911 and 5.0 are also renowned for their sounds.... what is the stroke on the nissan 3.5/3.7?

3.11 inch stroke on the LFA, 3.38 inch stroke on the GT-R

Nope!

" The F430 Scuderia makes 20 more horsepower than the regular F430 for a total of 510hp"

Not to mention we're talking a Ferrari and a Lexus. Just on names alone which do you see paying more for?

Damn I didn't know they were up to 490. I agree with you totally Ferrari is a better name than lexus, I'd argue a better performance car too money aside.

Thats a 599GTO isn't? Someone showed me a british car magazines review of it, it has to be the coolest sounding car ever.

here it is

this is the california, I too, do not want

http://www.carpages.co.uk/ferrari/ferrari_images/ferrari-california-13-05-08.jpg

I like the car from the design aspect, and I even like the looks of it. What I don't like is that Toyota won't come out with a sports car that people can actually attain.

They tried that and no one bought them.They called one a MR2 Turbo and the other a Supra Turbo.jk!

I laughed at a $375,000.00 Lexus and I'm a DIEHARD Toyota/Lexus person.

They tried that and no one bought them.They called one a MR2 Turbo and the other a Supra Turbo.jk!

I laughed at a $375,000.00 Lexus and I'm a DIEHARD Toyota/Lexus person.

I've had a MR2 before, that's partly why I was so disappointed, lol.

Gimme this for $320k and the change for a new set of wheels.....black ones

LFA......pfft!

http://image.motortrend.com/f/29050939+w750/ferrari-599-gTO-side-view-1.jpg

I haves a boner and its red, and rhymes with scerarri.