Anyone else use Trapster

TTQ B4U

I've been using it for one week now and gotta admit this shit works. I don't know how many users we have in Cbus, but reviewing TrapMap it seems like a fair number. It doesn't take that many either.

Was coming out of a quick Kroger visit on Bethel Rd when I was alerted that there was a live radar trap spotted at Dierker. Bingo....SOB was right there as I drove by.

I've noted several, hopefully saving a few others too. Worked great in California too. Especially for the well known spots that cops wait. In an area that I wasn't familiar with it was at least another tool to keep me ticket free.

Of course it's not 100% as nothing is, but it's nice to know in advance if there's a live radar trap, where they have been spoted most and if the road has been traveled by another user recently.

re is another program out there that people use that is similar.

it's called WAZE

it's a free GPS program, that also allows its users to update locations of accidents, and traps. it's pretty cool

Thats awesome. I am under the preassumption this was with the Iphone?

Yes. I use an iPhone but also carry a Blackberry Tour too. I have it on both but use the iPhone for it usually. It works great. I've been updating online here at my PC all the known traps and putting comments. Known Enforcement zones expire after 20 days if they go unrated or approved by other users. Not a big deal but even if there's no cop there, but you know it's a hot spot to wait, approve the location.

The expired ones appear grayed out online but don't believe they appear on my phone. I likely have that disabled.

If you configure it correctly, you can get live push updates on the iPhone for the roads you travel most aka routes or circular diameter areas you set.

I have mine to alert me to 270 from Dublin to Obetz during 7-9am weekdays and again on my return trip home. Then also in a circumference around my office and home in Dublin. Keeps the push updates to when i actually care about them. ie...I don't care if there's a cop in Obetz on Sunday.

The more that actually "use it" the better it is.

Edited by TTQ B4U

Worked again today. Picked up a notification a user posted just in time for me to leave for work. Obetz cop on Alum Creek. I posted two today myself. Handy little item. live mapping and GPS, Po Po alerts and an MP3 player in one.