Looking for Powder Coating in Columbus?

turboking15

If you are then give us a call to see what we can do for you.

Looking to get a set of wheels powder coated, or a valve cover redone? Maybe you just want to clean up some of the old nasty brackets under the hood of your car? We can help you with that.

Here at P&P Performance we can handle all of your sandblasting, powder coating, or metal polishing needs. We also offer custom pinstriping.

Below is a list of some basic parts that most want powder coated and what we charge to do this. All of the prices listed include degreasing, sandblasting, chemical rinsing, and a single stage of powder coat. If you want a clear coat, or you would like a candy color that requires a metalic base undercoat, then it will be an additional 5 dollars per part per coat. As of right now we do not offer a dismount / mounting service so you will need to bring the rims to us already dismounted. One step beyond powder coat, we also offer a high temp coating that is good to 1200*. This is perfect for exhaust parts, intercooler pipes, or any thing that will be around elevated temperatures. On the pricing list anything with HT in front of it is for a high temp coating.

Pricing for metal polishing and pinstriping are determined on a job to job basis. Also if you dont see the part you are looking to get done on our price list feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to give you a quote.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/turboking11/PandP%20Performance/pppricelist.jpg

We also offer discounted pricing for group buys and multiple part orders. To inquire about pricing or place an order feel free to contact me or Erik (Pats16valve) via pm, or email us at PandPPerformance@gmail.com

Thanks from the guys at P&P Performance.

Edited by turboking15
  • Confused 1

SO when you powdercoat wheels you dont include powder clear in the price? You cant simply powdercoat a set of wheels and not powder clear them. Ive seen a few set of wheels that were not cleared and they looked very bad after a few hundred miles. This was mainly due to the brake dust staining the powdercoat. :confused:

SO when you powdercoat wheels you dont include powder clear in the price? You cant simply powdercoat a set of wheels and not powder clear them. Ive seen a few set of wheels that were not cleared and they looked very bad after a few hundred miles. This was mainly due to the brake dust staining the powdercoat. :confused:

We do not clear coat the rims unless the particular powder that is being shot requires it or the customer requests it. We use this method in order to give the customer as many options as we can to help meet any budget.

As far as brake dust staining the finish, as long as the wheels are regularly maintained and properly cleaned this shouldn't be an issue.

Guest tbutera2112

i have like half of my bike i need to strip off and bring in....probably wont be until winter though, since i enjoy riding it too much lol...

i have some metal that needs polished, and some powdercoating to be done

question: i have some plastic pieces on the bike that are chromed over... can you blast them and spray them, or do you only do PC? im sure they could be cleaned up, but i dislike how they look being chrome

Guest Removed
Where are you located and what is the turn around time on small things like intercooler piping and long tubes.

already have to covered on that with these guys ;)

Guest Removed
Ive been waiting to hear back from you, PM me with a time frame so i can get the powder ordered and have it here when the parts arrive.

im buttoning things up on the car now... trying to get a dyno session, then once i get it back from that, then i'll get with you on coating the piping etc ;)

Do you take any precautions when powdercoating valve covers? What kind of prep is involved?

Valve Covers tend to be pretty sensitive. Especially when they are baffled like a lot of factory units. If it is un-baffled we will media strip them and hand sand, if it is baffled we DO NOT blast because the media has a very good chance of getting stuck in the baffle and clogging it. Bad things happen when that occurs.

Do you outgas?

Yes, Out-gassing is a major concern when Powder Coating. We do take measures to prevent any blemishes on the parts.

Bad finish= Bad experience.

Bad experience=Mad customers.

Mad Customers=No Business

Gas bad.

So what qualifications are there for a "group buy"? Can you give more details on that?

For example, i want my wheels done, and maybe brake calipers, but other people are mentioning bike parts and intercooler piping, etc. Do i need to get others looking to have their wheels done to qualify for a group buy?

Valve Covers tend to be pretty sensitive. Especially when they are baffled like a lot of factory units. If it is un-baffled we will media strip them and hand sand, if it is baffled we DO NOT blast because the media has a very good chance of getting stuck in the baffle and clogging it. Bad things happen when that occurs.

Yes, I know all about it. A local powdercoating company may or may not have cost me a few rod bearings in a BRAND NEW engine as a result of sand trapped in the baffles....

Maybe one day I'll have you guys do another one for me correctly.

So what qualifications are there for a "group buy"? Can you give more details on that?

For example, i want my wheels done, and maybe brake calipers, but other people are mentioning bike parts and intercooler piping, etc. Do i need to get others looking to have their wheels done to qualify for a group buy?

We're still working out details for Group Buys. These will probably entail all being the same items to keep the labor time close, and flow in/out of the shop seamless.

We're still a two 1/4 man operation, working during off hours.

If you come to us with a bunch of parts we will give you a hard time. And then we'll give you a great price. ;)

Here are a few pics of work we've performed thus far.

This is four separate coats. Two base and Two Candy. Clears are going on tomorrow after we get new Brembo decals from total Sign Ohio.

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w351/Pats16Valve/P%20and%20P%20Performance/089.jpg

Our first customers wheels.

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w351/Pats16Valve/P%20and%20P%20Performance/048.jpg

And pretty much everything on this broken DSM. I hadn't gotten a pic with the IC. pipes yet. But I'll post one up tomorrow.

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w351/Pats16Valve/P%20and%20P%20Performance/044.jpg