DO NOT SHOP/PARK AT STONERIDGE PLAZA. THIEVES!

GonneVille

Came out of the theatre at Stoneridge Plaza on Morse and Hamilton after seeing Iron Man 2, and found that someone had popped the door handle on my Buick and ripped my radio out of the dash in broad daylight.

After talking to the officer who took the report, there are some things everyone here needs to know:

Stoneridge doesn't have a single camera on the lot, not one. They do not have security on site, not one officer. Gahanna police have asked Casto Development many times to install cameras. Store owners have demanded that they install cameras. Casto has refused to spend even a penny on any security improvements on the parking lot, creating a perfect safe haven for thieves.

While the officer was taking my report, another officer came on his radio, relaying info on another break-in at the Longhorn Steakhouse across the lot. I talked to a group of Cap City employees out back on break, and half of them had had their cars broken into, several of them multiple times.

Do not park at Stoneridge. Don't patronize the stores there. Don't eat at the restaurants. Tell your friends and family never to go there. If they go, there's a damned good chance their cars will be broken into.

I thought everyone knew that place wasn't great and it's a damn shame. I caught someone trying door handles in the lot about six months ago, but was too far away to give chase.

The apartments just down the street from there have over 300 break-ins per year between the actual apartments and vehicles. This is according to several officers that I know in Gahanna. I have heard mixed stories in the last couple of years, but overall I wouldn't park anything of value back there.

Sorry to hear about your loss, though. I had some fool separate the door skin on my wrx to get into it. A window would have been cheaper. It was Dec 24th and I had to take the car to Charleston, SC. It twisted up everything and the window wouldn't line up proper without human guidance. The fool bled inside my car and even left finger prints. I was told he was caught bleeding out in another vehicle not more than a 1/4 miles from mine.

Nice Buick btw! I just checked out your CD and was surprised with what you've done!

my sister was pretty much assaulted getting off work in the kroger parking lot right there, some lady tried to rip her purse out of her arms.

I have also heard of all the breakins near longhorn and Ocharleys, ridiculous.

I drive a piece of shit that's not even worth looking at or stealing anything from. I'm safe. But I share your sympathy due to the activities that happened to my old car.

I thought the same until some jackass broke into my $200 dollar Oldsmobile Calais. Bastard busted the lock and stole the STOCK radio out of it, only for me to find it later in the alley (I guess tape decks aren't all the rage anymore?). A thief is a thief is a thief, no heart.

A friend had his explorer beater broken into there. They took the $50 walmart CD player and destroyed his driver door and dash. They left the $3,000 GPS (it's some super accurate thing for marking trees or something, it's huge) and his laptop in the truck lolz.

yea that area is pretty bad for that kinda shit. i've had windows busted out of my car and my girfirend had her 400$ system took from her's and it was in the middle of the day too. and you know someone had to of seen it as many people are around. i never went back.

Think this is bad? Yesterday at 12:30pm (yes lunchtime) on the 4h floor of Davidson hall in the mens bathroom, 2 unknown MALES came in and they knocked another male out and then SEXUALLY ASSAULTED HIM.

How is that for a bad day?

Here is the e-mail:

Public Safety Clery Crime Alert

Date of Incident: Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Time: Approximately 12:30 p.m.

Description: Sexual Assault

Detail: Victim states he was in the restroom located on the 4th floor of Davidson Hall when he heard 2 unknown males enter. Victim said he was knocked unconscious and sexually assaulted.

Suspect: 2 unknown/unidentified males

Open or Closed Case: Case remains open and has been turned over to the Columbus Police Department for assistance with the investigation.

Additional police and security patrols have been added to this area.

If you have any information that would be helpful to this continuing investigation, please

call the CSCC Department of Public Safety at 614-287-2525 or Columbus Police Sexual

Assault Squad at 614-645-4701.

What.The.Fuck :eek:

Think this is bad? Yesterday at 12:30pm (yes lunchtime) on the 4h floor of Davidson hall in the mens bathroom, 2 unknown MALES came in and they knocked another male out and then SEXUALLY ASSULTED HIM.

How is that for a bad day?

Here is the e-mail:

Public Safety Clery Crime Alert

Date of Incident: Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Time: Approximately 12:30 p.m.

Description: Sexual Assault

Detail: Victim states he was in the restroom located on the 4th floor of Davidson Hall when he heard 2 unknown males enter. Victim said he was knocked unconscious and sexually assaulted.

Suspect: 2 unknown/unidentified males

Open or Closed Case: Case remains open and has been turned over to the Columbus Police Department for assistance with the investigation.

Additional police and security patrols have been added to this area.

If you have any information that would be helpful to this continuing investigation, please

call the CSCC Department of Public Safety at 614-287-2525 or Columbus Police Sexual

Assault Squad at 614-645-4701.

one more reason for a ccw

what are you going to do, shoot them when they break into your car?

Have fun in jail.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fGy1N_LRqxo/SYEuhsp7FeI/AAAAAAAACxU/VpCGej8cfUI/s400/Drop_the_Soap-Its_a_trap.jpg

what are you going to do, shoot them when they break into your car?

Have fun in jail.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fGy1N_LRqxo/SYEuhsp7FeI/AAAAAAAACxU/VpCGej8cfUI/s400/Drop_the_Soap-Its_a_trap.jpg

I was thinking the same.

I can park the Supra out there and put both my bulls under the cover in the hatch. They will stay out of sight if told to.

Wait for it idiot thief...

Then laugh hysterically.

I was asleep in my car at night in a low light area one time. (Long story Ill skip.) Some guy approached the car from the passenger side and must've not seen me asleep. Titan, my male dog, slammed himself into the passenger side window hard enough to crack it and knock it off track. (Flipping broke to pieces the second time I tried to get the window to work.) I don't know if the guy actually tried the door or what. I woke up just in time to see the absolute fear in this guy's face as he turned and ran. I opened the door and yelled I was letting the dog loose. I didn't, but the speed this guy moved at was unreal. lol