Home owners insurance question

russian rocket

Hey guys, i am about to close on my first house hopefully by the end of next week but i have not decided on what insurance company i want to go with.

i currently have two pit bull terriers, they are the friendliest dogs on earth and have never bit anyone. so far the only company i know that will cover pit bulls is farmers insurance. do you guys have any other recommendations for any other companies that may cover them. im sure i am not the only one that owns pit bulls on this forum so who do the rest of you guys use.

another thing, i currently have Allstate for my car and renters. i would like to use them for my home owners but i do not believe they accept aggressive breads. only thing is though, when i asked for a quote, they never asked me if i had any dogs or anything. so my question is, if i use Allstate, will that be sufficient for legal purposes that the state requires even though they more than likely wont cover any damages the dogs may do? my understanding was that you only had to have at least 100,000 in liability coverage on your home.

great looking dog I know nationwide will not cover it. As for the quote. If they are like nationwide they will get just the basics to get you a price once they take the quote to New Business/Binder is when they will ask that. yes 100k is the min liabillity amount required.