Where to buy locally, GM VATS bypass module

Tinman

Guest Removed
i know someone that can shut it off for you... then all you have to do is jumper the wires where the module was...(but i dont think you have the light hooked up, so that shouldnt be a issue.)

Thanks, but turning it off is the cure for LS1 and LT1s but the 3800 doesn't seem to take when tried. And since this is for a race car I would prefer to have the module in place in case the ECU loses power for extended periods of time.

all you have to do is wire in a resistor....

but you'll need the keys from the donor car to find out what that resistor should be.

basically you can find the resistance of the circuit from the key, or with the key in the ignition and then loop the vats side (not keyside) back on itself with a resistor. If you buy a bypass you may need the key to program it.

Guest Removed
but you'll need the keys from the donor car to find out what that resistor should be.

basically you can find the resistance of the circuit from the key, or with the key in the ignition and then loop the vats side (not keyside) back on itself with a resistor. If you buy a bypass you may need the key to program it.

no, theres only 2 for the older stuff.. 2.0ohm and 2.2 ohm.. trust me.. i sell all the alarm stuff. i just dont stock the vats bypass module's

Guest Removed
Wish you did, I'd be there first thing in the morning.

im not open in the morning.. 11 to 11.:D

i get so much more done at night without the phone ringing all day

No luck at Best Buy or any local car audio shops. Ended up with the one from Jeg's that Dave posted, cost a little more and had to find a 5 volt power source from the ECU instead of using the 12 volts I already had wired in. But she's alive and well.

Jesse, I could use some help hanging doors and laying the windshield in at some point this weekend.