HTC - NOT_SO - Incredible

Akula

Well, after dealing with that POS Storm 1 for a year. I finally decided I would do a 30 day worry free upgrade to the HTC Incredible. Had them ship it to me, got the phone and imported my contacts.

Day one, I make a phone call and get "hello? hello?" I was talking but no one could hear me. Including 611 customer service. I call into "customer service" via their 800 number. They call my phone and they can hear me but I can't hear them. Neat!

They tell me I have to have a replacement, given the current status of stock, it will be 6-8 days.

I hang up, pull the battery, the phone starts working correctly.

I use it for a week, it randomly deletes one of my contacts (MY BOSS). Today I turn on the phone and again, they can't hear me and I can't hear them.

So far, I am unimpressed and am actually done. I want to just give up as Verizon has no phone that can compete with the iPhone's basic functionality.

is your face hitting the mute button in the call?

When I first got my android I did this a lot. I also hit random buttons when on a call. The phone has a weird sensor that is supposed to detect when you are holding it at an angle so the mic is right over your mouth. I have found out if you happen to have long hair or any hair close to the top right it sometimes freaks out and turns the screen on and off on and off. Try holding it a different way or press the standby button if your phone has it. Mine does on the top of it to shut off the screen.

I have muted people by accident also once or twice. But the sensor works well as soon as i bring it to my face the screen shuts off. Like Trowa said, its probably because I held it some weird way so that the sensor doesn't shut the screen off.

Could be hardware or software. I flashed a rom on a MyTouch once and it caused you to not be able to hear people on the other end, but they can hear you.

Send that shit back! I know 4 people who have one and none of them have that problem.

It isn't the mute thing, I can't hear them when they call. That's not how mute works. They can't hear me on speaker phone with mute on or off. I tried the easy stuff and then pulled the battery. That fixed it. Then, like the white man to the native american, it creeped up again.

Called 611, dealt with yet another rep, they are shipping me a new one in 4 - 6 months. I will be on worry free until I have a working handset for 30 days.

You have the worst luck ever with phones. Are you sure when you had your blackberry you didnt cuss out some customer service rep in New Orleans that put a hex on you? I think what sucks more than anything else is the phones are on backorder for 2 weeks. Every phone here and there is going to have issues... but damn if you havent been sent 20 of them! The phones great, you just need one that works right. Mic and speaker issues happen with all phones. Its as simple as a loose wire, and a little bit of bad luck.

Also, I thought you needed your phone for international travel. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Incredible is not an international phone. Thats one of the reasons why the nexus is a better overall phone.

June 4th come to Sprint with me......EVO

Who the hell wants Sprints shitty service?

My company has used Sprint for years, I've been through at least a dozen different phones, all with the same crappy service. Just got a Blackberry Tour, and I can sit in my office with 0-1 bars on the Blackberry, and 5 bars on my iPhone. It isn't the phones that have the problem.......

Also, I thought you needed your phone for international travel. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Incredible is not an international phone. Thats one of the reasons why the nexus is a better overall phone.

Incredible = Dual Band 1800/1900

Nexus = Quad Band, and you can get it in GSM for T-Mobile, GSM for AT&T and CDMA version.

BTW

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/05/15/BUPJ1DEGH3.DTL&type=tech

My HTC ERIS Droid just received the 2.1 Firmware upgrade today. Definately happy to see Verizon FINALLY came thru. Rumors had been stirring since Nov '09 of this upgrade.

Too bad it's on Verizon's RIP list due to the Incredible's release.