MP3 Aux Jacks - why do I have to crank up the volume?

Berto

So I guess I'm on fire starting threads today. Maybe i'm just ignorant in this field but why is it that whether I us an AUX jack or a FM transmitter I have to raise the volume of my mp3 player to max and the car radio has to be maxed out too?

is there any way around this?

Well for starters i think you can have a Mono or Sterio 3.5mm cable/plug/ect (if your using that). Could make it sound very very weak... I had a phone that I tried music from a while back and it was very much Mono...barely got loud

I personally have never had much luck with FM transmitters, though the aux jack on my Civic has been pretty decent. Best I can suggest is to make sure you've got a stereo cable (two colored rings on the plug) between the device and the aux socket. That way if you're sending stereo signals, they don't interfere with each other, and if it's mono (doubtful but possible), you're still covered.

Well for starters i think you can have a Mono or Sterio 3.5mm cable/plug/ect (if your using that). Could make it sound very very weak... I had a phone that I tried music from a while back and it was very much Mono...barely got loud

I connect my iPhone to the Aux Jack on the MS3's Bose system. I do have my phone volume up all the way, but by doing so the output volume is equal to when I flip over to CD, Radio or Sirius.

I connect my iPhone to the Aux Jack on the MS3's Bose system. I do have my phone volume up all the way, but by doing so the output volume is equal to when I flip over to CD, Radio or Sirius.

Yeah i do the same with mine (sorta). I can adjust the AUX volume in the car so that it matches.

The phone i had before was a shitty RAZR v3m or whatever it was and It took a special jack to get a 3.5mm thus making it mono :mad:

The ol' Droid sounds better than the radio/cd/mp3 lol.