July NASA Event @ MidOhio

nocab72

Drove Mid-Ohio the first time earlier this month, LOVED the track, planning to head back for the NASA event July 23-25.

Since it is such a haul for me from DC (9hrs towing) I'll be driving all 3 days.

Anyone from Columbus planning to be there?

Kyle

I'll be there with my M3 in time trial, and I can bet that xyster will be there in his MR2 in HPDE.

Mid Ohio is a great track. It has a few spooky corners, but that is what keeps in challenging and interesting lap after lap.

What group will you run in?

I'll be there with my M3 in time trial, and I can bet that xyster will be there in his MR2 in HPDE.

Mid Ohio is a great track. It has a few spooky corners, but that is what keeps in challenging and interesting lap after lap.

What group will you run in?

HPDE3 or TT.

Does great lakes region permit pass anywhere in HPDE3?

When I ran in HPDE 3 they allowed passing anywhere with a pointby, but passing in corners is frowned upon in the earlier sessions. HPDE 4 is usually open passing, and has run with Time Trial and HPDE 3 depending on the number of drivers registered.

If you feel you are ready and want open passing, then I would encourage you to sign up for HPDE 4. Just be aware that there are some really fast and really slow cars out at the same time, so you have to pay attention. The TT group can get fairly aggressive sometimes.

I like running in TT because you go out according to lap time. That means that there is not too much passing because you should be faster than the cars behind you and slower than those in front (until a Z06 laps you).