Paypal rant....

Putty

So I sold my iPhone to someone in Michigan. I had it on Ebay. They bought and paid for it using Paypal. I boxed the phone and sent it using USPS, sig required. The phone arrived in MI last Thurs. Notice left according to tracking. The lazy SOB in MI has not gone to get it from the PO.

PayPal has the funds on HOLD and won't release them to me until the tracking says it's delivered, which it'lll show once picked up. They claim after 21 days if there hasn't been any disputes, they'll release the money to me...BUT the item would get returned to me by USPS after 15 days.

I don't see why the fuck this is my problem..I sold an item and sent it. The funds were sent, but they are holding it.

Fuck em all!

Kdone....headed to Five Guys with my kid.

It's how they help stop scammers who don't have good feedback on ebay. I buy and sell a ton on ebay, once you get past the first couple times they don't hold funds any longer.

Have u contacted the seller? like ughh dude go pick up ur phone.

As soon as she won the phone I sent her an email to verify the shpping address just to make sure I had it correct. She responded right away confirming. Since, I have emailed her twice a day after it arrived and have heard nothing back from her. Not a word.

once you have so much feedback, they dont hold funds.

That's what they said. I have a (56) beside my name w/ 100% feedback, BUT since I have mostly bought and not consistently SOLD for 6 months, holding payments is the outcome. Total BS

It's how they help stop scammers who don't have good feedback on ebay.

Yeah i realize that, but to make wait so long to recoup funds sent to me is bs imo.

I just had the same problem.. last time Ill sell something on eBay too. I sold a paintball gun and they held my funds.. i sold it locally and told the dude sorry. Hell with eBay

Yeah that would be an option, but worst case, my phone sits there for atleast 15 days...deal with the risk of getting it shipped back to me...having to sell it all over again.....blah blah..

Thats not paypal doing it, thats ebays new policy. The buyer has to leave positive feedback in order for your money to be released, they have 21 days to do so or paypal will automatically do it. Thus the reason I have quit selling on ebay, they are just making it easier for buyers to become the scammer

I just sold about 5 other items though and they didn't hold the funds on them. I also have 100% feedback. I read somewhere they were having a problem with iphone deals, so if you have less than 100 feedback they hold the funds.

Thats not paypal doing it, thats ebays new policy. The buyer has to leave positive feedback in order for your money to be released, they have 21 days to do so or paypal will automatically do it. Thus the reason I have quit selling on ebay, they are just making it easier for buyers to become the scammer

I just sold 4 things on E-bay last week, no holds on any funds.

Yup. Look HERE.

:thumbdown

KillJoy

Fuck! I even commented in that thread!

I just sold 4 things on E-bay last week, no holds on any funds.

I think the type of item has something to do with the hold as well.

Call into paypal and give them the tracking number for the item and they should release the funds. It's worth a try.

You have to post the tracking number in the section of the transaction on the Paypaly site. This sends an email to the buyer letting them know the tracking #. I started calling after the 2nd day. I figured the first time it's easy to miss. I've done it....BUT that next day, I go to work or whereever late cause I am in the PO first thing getting my package. I told Paypal I did my part...I should not have to suffer waiting on funds cause some douchebag on the other end is too lazy to get to the PO.

I totally understand the stand on making sure people dont get ripped off and all but hey... I sell something and DONT GET MY MONEY FOR UP TO 3 WEEKS??? Are you shitting me hah.

Paypal and eBay = massive fail.. seriously.