Worst Hail Strom I have ever seen

CHERRY

i keep wishing we get one of those here so i can get a new roof and siding.

that one in oct-ish 06 totalled out my car...i was in blacklick, which was one of the worst hit.

just need one in the easton area

i keep wishing we get one of those here so i can get a new roof and siding.

that one in oct-ish 06 totalled out my car...i was in blacklick, which was one of the worst hit.

just need one in the easton area

Haha. I had my '73 DeVille then. I sat at the back door watching it and fearing the worst. I ended up having to replace the windshield, but no damage to the body at all. Gotta love the use of heavy metal in the '70s. lol

Damn. At first, I was like, eh. Living in Odessa, Texas many, many years ago, I experienced my worse hail storm. Softball size hail. It was insane. I actually ran out and grabbed two to put into the freezer. But they shrink over a long period of time. :(

Anyway, HOLY SHIT, it didn't come down that much, though! :eek:

Why does everyone over-exaggerate the size of hail? Yea, that shit was big, but the size of a baseball, it was not.

"OMG! It was the size of a cantaloupe."

Don't know if I'm included in this or not, but will answer anyway. lol

Granted, only 2 or 3 were quite that size from my viewing area at the time (those are two I grabbed, stupidly, I must add), but we had quite a few baseball size and the majority were golf ball to ping-pong ball size. Only time I've seen them that big. Though, I've experienced some other town wrecking hail storms in Texas, too.

On the news last night, they interviewed a guy that was out for a jog and got caught in it. His back was tore the fuck up.

Was the guy jogging in the middle of a giant, empty field? Get under some damn cover!

"No, honey. I was just out for a jog! Those marks on my back are from.. yeah, the hail. I was just stupid to get out from under it. No, honey, I know they look like nail marks, but I swear they're not!"